mustang cobra's

Hey all I'm currently looking at mustang cobras. no not 05's I want one about 2 or 3 years old. don't trust anything first year from anyone. is there anything I should be looking out for.? are there any trouble spots or problems weak spots in the car or chassis that I should be aware of. I just found out the local ford dealership here won't even work on cobras so I have to go to Shreveport just to get the Dam thing worked on. what year did they go to superchargers? are they reliable. I haven't really found one that I like yet. although there is one locally that I haven't seen yet. black 03 convertible, auto, 27.000k, $29,995. lady driven but I think that might be a little too much money for a 03. well guys you tell me what your opinions are and any suggestions.

Reply to
Defiant

There isn't an automatic 03 Cobra that I'm aware of.

Depends on what you're gonna use the car for though man... is it gonna see the drag strip? Are you wanting a ton of speed? Are you wanting a daily driver? Tell us what you want.

IMO, the 03/04 Cobra's are the best bang for buck of all Cobra's.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

well thats what the ad said anyway i'm gonna call her tomorrow and find out more if i can. i Haven't seen the car yet only a picture. I'll see if can find the ad around here and post it. i might have miss read the ad myself that been known to happen.

some, but mostly i'm just gonna drive it around in town and on the road for short trips probably not on long over 500 miles. Are you wanting a ton of speed? Are you wanting a daily

that's my opinion too as i have driven 2 so far and a GT i really like the GT but everyone has one and i really like the Cobra as i am a speed freak and i like pure horsepower.

Thanks For reply Defiant

Reply to
Defiant

If you're a speed freak... get an 03 or 04 Cobra.. hands down. They look a lot better than the 05 GT's in my opinion & also you can't beat that supercharger whine. I'm sure Dan or Mike (WraithCobra) can chime in too about 03/04 Cobra's.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

What brand of supercharger does Ford use in it's 03-04 cobra's?

Gumby

Reply to
Gumby

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:06:42 -0600, "Defiant" wrote something wonderfully witty:

The first thing you should look for is anyone selling you an `05 Cobra.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

that would be the eaton m-112

there are aftermarket upgrades available such as kenne-bell and whipplecharger

Reply to
Chris Shea

well other than the fact that there isn't a 05 Cobra out just yet. yeah I guess that might be a problem...:) Defiant

Reply to
Defiant

Reply to
Defiant

I agree too :-)

03 cobra

Rein

Good, that means you still have over a year of warranty. Not bad, go drive it, it's a fun car and you'll WANT it, trust me.

03 cobra

Rein

Reply to
Defiant

"The damn thing" ??? Maybe you shouldn't buy a Cobra if you already hate dealing with it.

| what year did they go to superchargers? are they reliable. | I haven't really found one that I like yet. although there is one locally | that I haven't seen yet. | black 03 convertible, auto, 27.000k, $29,995.

Cobras do not come equipped with an automatic transmission. The '03 is the first year with the supercharger, again you may want to get a different car.

|lady driven but I think that

Just because a woman owned it, that doesn't make it any less abused OR pampered.

| might be a little too much money for a 03. | well guys you tell me what your opinions are and any suggestions.

Maybe try to find an 04.

Reply to
SVTKate

Reply to
GEORGE CACCHIONE

yeah, that's why I got the coupe. It's lighter also.

Rein

well maybe that's alittle sharp, but I've had mustangs before and usually mine have had some small problems, like my last one didn't like to keep the serpentine belt on and found out there was a recall on that motor for that problem. had another one that like to miss at idle every once in awhile took several trips to the dealership to fix that one.

yup, found that out, look at one of my previous posts I put the link to the ad in there somewhere. never mind here it is.

The '03 is the first year with the supercharger, again you may want to geta

that is certainly interesting to know

most time that is true but I know this lady sort of, I know her family anyway but your right she might have let all her boyfriends drive it and rag the hell out of it.

looking already. thanks for the Reply Defiant

Reply to
Defiant

how many mile do you have on it so far? my last convert, had around 50,000 miles on it and cowl shake got pretty bad, and was starting to get several squeaks and rattles were starting to show up and I really didn't drive this car that hard. when I got rid of it. it had about 100,000 miles on it and while the car ran and drove good it had several issues relating to body integrity. you didn't want to cross railroad tracks, it was pretty bad. but while I still loved that car, it wasn't screwed together very well. Defiant

Reply to
Defiant