Mustang Conv. cleaners??

My girl has a 02 MUSTANG convertible and it has a white top and we are really having problem getting it clean,seems that black marks are impossible to get rid of.

I sent away for Mothers top cleaner and it still looks dirty. I feel like i am going to put a hole thru the roof from rubbing with brush.

ANY advise would helpl

Reply to
Frank

at 14 Sep 2003, Frank [ snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-2195.public.lawson.webtv.net:

From posts in here it seems Simple Green and a brush with plenty of elbow grease is a possible solution. I believe SVTKate cleans her white top that way.

Hope this helps

Reply to
Paul

I would resort to bleach on my old 94's top. Did that maybe once a year for two years, yeah I know its bad but got it clean :) I think I diluted it it too in a spray bottle.

Danny

Reply to
Prydan2k

I was going to say the same thing since I own a vert too. But I got one with the black top. My only problem is the darn pollen here in the great state of Washington making my top look tan.

Reply to
Greg B.

Try Westley's Bleche White (I think that's how to spell it???) - whitewall and convertible top cleaner - my tops (93 and 67) both look like new - the 67 was replaced in 89, both cars are only out for the spring/summer/fall - I live in the hinterland (Minnesota), and tops take a beating here.

Andrew

Frank wrote:

Reply to
Andrew Paule

My Vert also has a White top.

Simple Green and a brush do work very well.

Reply to
Katmandu

Hi Frank, Yes, I have tried about a zillion things on my top. SImple Green does seem to work just great. On those REALLY stubborn little black spots, I have used (they will accuse me of using it for everything) good old fashioned lighter fluid (Ronsonol) on the black spots that you get right along the side seams. I put it on a terrycloth rag, and rub like heck. It's the oly thing I have found that gets it off.

I am definitely going to try Prydan's suggestion, if I can find the stuff.

Next time I put a top on, I'm going with black cloth. I love the look of the white, but it makes me completely nuts!

Kate

| >I sent away for Mothers top cleaner and it still looks dirty. | >I feel like i am going to put a hole thru the roof from rubbing with | >brush. | >

| >ANY advise would helpl | >

Reply to
SVTKate

Whoops.. I thought the other guy posted this... Where do you get it??

TIA

Kate

| >I sent away for Mothers top cleaner and it still looks dirty. | >I feel like i am going to put a hole thru the roof from rubbing with | >brush. | >

| >ANY advise would helpl | >

Reply to
SVTKate

Just check your laundry room for a bottle of Clorax (sp?) :)

Danny

Reply to
Prydan2k

I get it a checker auto, when they have it - they seem to run out in about a day. Ask at the desk.

Andrew

SVTKate wrote:

Reply to
Andrew Paule

at 15 Sep 2003, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@excite.competitive] wrote in news:EYc9b.226$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

Just went to Super Walmart here, they have 'Westley's Bleche White' in the car dept. In the aisle where the car wash, wax etc products are.

If ya can't find it kate, ya know my email addy. :-)

Reply to
Paul

Thanks Paulie!

I'll have a look... as soon as I have a car!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate