mustang engine

Hi I have a 67 mustang and I am trying to find out the correct engine size can anyone tell me where to look. Thanks DD

Reply to
dd

Look at the fifth character of your serial number: Code #cyls displacment carburetor

------ ----- ------------ ----------------------- T 6 200 1-bbl 2 6 200 1-bbl, low compression C 8 289 2-bbl. 3 8 289 2 bbl, low compression A 8 289 4 bbl, premium fuel K 8 289 4 bbl, Hi-Performance S 8 390 4 bbl W 8 427 4 bbl, Hi-Performance R 8 427 8 bbl, Hi-Performance

-------------------------------------------------- Ed

Reply to
Edmund W. Conen, III

What's the Vin Code stamped into the drivers side inner fender (you'll find a rectangular cut-out in the fender where it bolts to the inner fender). Let us know, and we'll decode it for you so you'll have the roght deteils for your car.

Kevin

67 Conv. 289 4Vsp In restoration....

"dd" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
elmo

Is there any difference in the 289 engine for Codes C, 3, A or K ? I have a 3 and want to put a 4 bhl carb on it.

"Edmund W. C>

Reply to
John Stendor

I have a springtime yellow 67 convertible with a 289. I am rebuilding the drive train. The last owner put an automatic in the car. It originally had a 4 speed trans.

289 is the way to go. Check the V>
Reply to
John Stendor