Mustang engine compatability

Hello, I'm fairly new to mustangs, and I was wonering what engine will fit in what model of car...for instance...can I fit a 289 engine from a 1966 galaxy into a 1965 mustang without any modification? and what is the compatability of the transmissions...I know that a 351 transmission is beefier or maybe i'm wrong? Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Chris Sledzo

Yes you can put that 289 in that car. I would put a C-4 trans behind it. Its an almost bullet proof trans if its built right. No reason to run a C-6 its just extra weight.

Doglips

Reply to
Doglips