Mustang GT.....

I've been looking at a 2000-2003 Mustang GT. The Rousch is also appealing, but a little expensive. What would be some things to look for when buying this year/model Ford? Any common problems, or anything I should be aware of? And NO interest in auto incase there is a problem with the tranny. I won't even bother looking at it unless it's a manual transmission. Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave

the only major problem i know of is the manual transmission..tremec 3650 that you have on 2001 1/2+ they just issued a tsb a couple of month ago, for tyhe rest seem to be fine.

wich this work ...it's the first time i answer over here.

if you want more info goto stangnet

"Dave" a écrit dans le message denews: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...> I've been looking at a 2000-2003 Mustang GT. The Rousch is also> appealing, but a little expensive. What would be some things to look> for when buying this year/model Ford? Any common problems, or anything> I should be aware of? And NO interest in auto incase there is a> problem with the tranny. I won't even bother looking at it unless it's> a manual transmission.> Thanks,

Reply to
sébastien moreau

Good job sébastien moreau ....keep posting.

Reply to
Lonnie

I took a look at Consumer Reports' reliability ratings on the Mustang. For

2000 - 2003, the worst ratings it got was average on brakes (2000), power equipment (2001 and 2002), body integrity (2000 - 2003), and body hardware (2000). Transmission got above average for 2000 and 2001 and excellent for 2002 and 2003. They gave the 2000 an above-average overall reliability rating. The 2001 and 2002 got an average overall reliability rating. They gave the 2003 a below-average overall reliability rating. I guess it's a no-no to have body integrity problems on a new car! I'd be glad to e-mail it to you if you want.
Reply to
John

Dave,

Look for a later model. Ford changed transmissions from the trouble-prone T-45 to a beefier Tremec in '01...I think it was '01.

If you have a little more to spend, I'd SERIOUSLY consider an '03 or '04 Mach 1. With the Mach 1, you get the stronger quad-cam motor, bigger brakes and a little better handling. Mach 1's are nice!

common problems, or anything I should be aware of?

I don't own one of that vintage, but _M_ost in here seem pretty happy with the reli_A_bility. Maybe some others will _CH_ime in and tell us if they'd buy another _1_. (subliminal message - Get a Mach 1!)

I'_M_ with you. _A_ sporty _C_ar like a Mustang needs to _H_ave a manual transmission. I know I wouldn't buy _1_ without a stick shift. (subliminal message - Get a Mach 1!)

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

Reply to
cprice

Just look for a low-miles car. Should be able to get a 2001 for a great price used and get many more years of use out of it. I don't think there is anything specific to look for on these years. Most bugs have been worked out. Like one other poster said, there's an issue with the manual tremec's for a couple of years, but there's not a tsb out for it. (does that still work out of warranty ? and does it really fix the issue ? anyone ?)

Rein