Mustang II lower control arms

I replaced the bushings in my lower control arms. I am now trying to get the lower control arms back into the crossmember. I have tried a side-to-side motion hoping to "walk" it back in, similar to how I got it out, but it is too tight. The crossmember appears to be too narrow to get the arms back in. Do I need to spead the crossmember? Are there any special tools or tricks I should try? Thanks!

Michael

Reply to
cgccpres98