Mustang stores in Phoenix???

I'm heading to Phoenix (from Calgary, AB) in two days! Yahoo! I spent all day washing and waxing and tuning up the GT. It looks like new, considering it's a 93! I can't wait to spend a few days cruising down the highway!

Anyway, are there any Mustang shops in Phoenix I need to visit when I get there around Friday or so? If there is any money left over from this trip, I know where it's going! :)

Thanks!

Brad S

Reply to
Brad

Brad opined in news:CKD4b.873971$ snipped-for-privacy@news2.calgary.shaw.ca:

WOW!

You post at 3:40 that you're leaving in two days, and at 4:49 you're there!

Where can I get onna them Quantum Leap turbo's and how much is it?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Rein had a good point, make sure your cooling system is in top shape :) It routinely hits 110 mid day. Makes for nice overheating when you idle with the ac on.

I believe people start showing up as early as 2-4pm. I don't think your car can become part of the show until the evening (after 6-7). But I am pretty sure you can still stroll around and walk until then. The McDonalds there is the hot spot. Typically 'headquarters' is located right infront of there. And when I say Mustang only show what I mean is that the McDonalds area will be parked with only Mustangs. You will defintely see all sorts of cars everywhere. There is usually a row of late model stangs including some stock foxes, heavily modified foxes, some nice sn95s and I have even seen a true Cobra R or two out there. Really fun stuff to look at. I always wash my car up good and think of parking it in the row but I chicken out by the time I get down there.

The Scottsdale Pavillions is basically a large shopping center with several stores / restaraunts and a large enough parking lot to support a weekly car show :) It is located on the 101 and Indian Bend. You would take the 101 to Indian Bend, exit and head west. I believe the car show is on the North side less than half a mile on Indian Bend.

Let me know if you decide to go maybe I'll grab my girl and wander there myself.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Budwill

Reply to
Russ Osborne

Could be, but they have lots more than mustangs . I looked up the All Mustang place on the web, according to that site their address for the recycling place is on 40th street, so it probably is not the same. russ

Reply to
Russ Osborne

It's cool that you'll be here for the first reserved row Mustang show (which will now be the first Saturday of each month)

Everyone is welcome to a spot in the car show. Get there early to get a good (or ANY) spot in the show. The rows are posted for certain types of cars, bikes, years or clubs but after 6pm all rows are open to all.

The other Ford salvage yard is (I think) AAA Broadway Auto Parts. I needed an axle for my '89. The one they had was worse than what I had and they wanted $200!! For ONE 4 lug axle. At least All Mustang only wanted $50 for it. And gave me my choice...

Any of the folks from the group want to meet at McD's at certain time??

There is a rumor that a past contributor will be there (but sadly without his 'vert)...

Hank '89 ASC/McLaren '87 ASC/McLaren '85 GT

Reply to
Hank

Good point guys. I flushed the rad today, put in new coolant, and have a

180 thermostat. I hope that keeps it cool enough - plus the car has quite low miles... But 110F (you guys *gotta* get on the metric system) :) ... that's about 40 or 41C. K-rist! That's hot! I can't wait! (On a trip to Vegas last year, in Red Rock, a ranger told us the ground temperature was 136F!!! To say it was incredible is to completely understate it...)

Andy, me and my wife will be there. Look for the red 93GT with 'out of country' plates and the only 'white' (read, no tan) guy in the group... (My wife loves Mustangs too... she of the 1990 2.3LX (a good, very tough little car)). Saturday should be a blast!

I am sooooo looking forward to this visit... I'm pretty sure me and my wife will be applying for our green cards after this trip... Alberta is great, but I've had enough snow over the last 35 years... our average high in January is about 25F, and the lows are eye-lashes freezing shut kinda lows... last year it hit -40F or so for a few days, but God damn it, my Bronco started on the first crank without even being plugged in....!!! (hey, there's an idea... I can show all you Arizona boys the block heater on my Stang this Saturday...) :)

Anyway, I'm babbling cause I'm pumped like Arnie about this trip....

I'm off tomorrow morning, so I'll see you all in a few days! Thanks for all the advice and tips everyone threw in over the last few weeks!

Brad S

Reply to
Brad

If I can get my car back together in time I'd love to meet at McD's at a certain time. I assume we can park our mustangs there first come first serve?

My door panels are off - I am replacing the window guide bushings and need to install a window brush set in one of my rear quarter window motors. If I can get it all done during the school / work week my car will be there (:

Andy

Reply to
Andy Budwill

hey I need to replace the guide bushings on one window on my 95 GT as well. It's scratching my tint. How much work is it ? I've had the panels off to replace the speakers. What else needs to be done ???

thanks

Rein

There is one on University Blvd sort of close to the Sky Harbour Airport.

Hope this helps

Gary

Reply to
Gary J Bevans