mustang weight distribution: old/new

Does anyone know the numbers for the 94-98, 99-04, and 05 Mustangs? I remember reading about the 05's that they seem to have dramatically improved weight distribution to be closer to 50/50 but I don't remember the numbers and I'd love to see these numbers on the last two Mustang bodystyle generations. Since they are both that old ?fox? platform, I don't expect they (94-98 vs. 99-04) will be much (if any) different than each other.

Reply to
Scotter

The 1998 numbers can be found here:

William Wenger

Recent 8-cyl models are listed as 57/43 (including the Cobra, so they say). The 05 is listed as 53/47. I am not sure about 94-98, but I suspect it would be close; 1994 still had the 5.0 so it's likely to be a bit different that the 4.6 V8s.

I'm not sure if 94+ models are on the old Fox platform or not... anyone? Is it an improvement of the older one? I always thought it was entirely new. Hmm

I would suspect the 79-93 Fox Mustangs probably have more weight distributed over the fr>Does anyone know the numbers for the 94-98, 99-04, and 05 Mustangs?

Reply to
67RMod

The 94+ is still on the Fox chassis, Ford made a few changes and called it the Fox-4.

Reply to
WraithCobra
67RMod wrote: I'm not sure if 94+ models are on the old Fox platform or not... anyone? Is it an improvement of the older one? I always thought it was entirely new. Hmm The 94+ is still on the Fox chassis, Ford made a few changes and called it the Fox-4.
Reply to
67RMod

Weight doesn't determine everything. Just look at the 03 and 04 cobra. Quite the heavy motor hangin in there, yet they handle amazingly well due to the suspension setup. granted, a neatral weight distribution should the basis for a great platform. I did notice the battery in the 05 planted right against the firewall, on the passenger side.The 94 AND 95 mustang GT's still had the 5.0, which is probably a lighter motor than the modular 96 4.6 engine.

Rein