Mustangs and horse thieves

Well, it looks as though my stepson became the latest victim to come out and find his horse gone Monday morning. His bright red 91 Mustang coupe:

was stolen Sunday night/Mondaymorning, went out to go to school and discovered it was gone. I reported itstolen at about 6:30 AM and found out it had already been recovered and sittingin a tow yard. They were SUPPOSED to fingerprint the car but after waiting 11/2 days we ended up going and getting it from the tow yard. Damage wasn't toobad fortunately, they completely destroyed the trunk lock and lid trying to getinto the trunk. They ended up pulling the rear of the back seat to gain accessand steal a school camera on loan to him for his photography class. The column is in bad shape and will have to be replaced, and there is alot ofcleaning that will need to be done as they poured the bottle of motor oil hebought all over the interior (prevents fingerprints from being taken) We wereable to drive the car back and start getting everything repaired. At least the car was not damaged, burned, wrapped around a pole, etc. as he isfeeling quite fortunate it came back with only 17 miles on the odometer and inthe condition it did. I should now how this was picked up so quickly in a fewminutes by the PD as I called one of our friends (another officer here) thatknows the one that initially came accross the car and did the paperwork. I have been checking in every now and then, been extremely busy with work and the daughters gymnastic competitions which have us running all over the state.

Hope all is well with everyone

TIM -aka- snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM

Musttanguy

I'm glad you guys got it back, Tim. Already had me thinking of the day I found Jason's car missing and ran inside to wake him up and let him know. I knew something was wrong when I saw the ex-cop car Caprice just sitting there next to where Jason's car was idling with a puddle running from under it from the condenser. Now it's time for an alarm with a pager.

Helmut Roner

1988 GT
Reply to
HELMUT RONER

Dang man... that really sucks. I am glad you recovered it.. it could have been a lot worse & I think your optimistic attitude will really help out in the situation. I'd give you a pat on the back for taking it so well. Hope everything works out.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset