My 16 year old grandson just got his drivers license and ...

He would really like to learn how to drive a car with a manual transmission, mainly my 1984 Capri 5.0. That's not going to happen for at least a couple of years and only after he has had the typical teen age parking lot and other (hopefully) minor fender benders. Then I'll take him to an abandoned airport and let him drive the car. I don't know of any abandoned airports nearby, so my Capri can rest easy for now. :-) Dick in MN

Reply to
Dickr

Oh cmon Dick! I learned to drive when I was 13 in my grandfathers

1972 Cadillac De Ville. In the Sears parking lot on a Sunday. Actually I'd been running riding mowers for years by then But it made him happy and it was fun. And as long as Pops was in the other seat I wasn't going to open up that 472. Only after I inherited the car years later did I know that it was in fact much more powerful than an 84 5.0 LOL
Reply to
WindsorFo

I'm not worried about how powerful the car is, however I am worried about a fender bender. The Capri is a hatchback (bubbleback) and I've only seen 1 other like mine in the last 28 years. Repair parts for the front spoiler or the rear hatch or bumper would be impossible to find. That's why I'm concerned. To me it's somewhat of a rare collector car and I baby it. Dick in MN

Reply to
Dickr

Dick;

I just inherited my late father's 95 Mustang GT vert. Looking across the web, there is an unbelievable amount of vendors out there! 64-2013 stangs and Capris!

No trees were killed in the sending of this message; however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I'm not worried about how powerful the car is, however I am worried about a fender bender. The Capri is a hatchback (bubbleback) and I've only seen 1 other like mine in the last 28 years. Repair parts for the front spoiler or the rear hatch or bumper would be impossible to find. That's why I'm concerned. To me it's somewhat of a rare collector car and I baby it. Dick in MN

Reply to
Steve in AZ