My 1980 Mustang Ghia V8 very slow Help!

Well, you seem to be doing just fine. I know some native-born Americans who do not write nearly as well as you.

I also like the looks of the old four-eyed Mustangs, but I am sorry to say that your Mustang cannot be considered a "large car" by American standards. It's about five feet and several thousand pounds short of that category. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Congratulations on the Mustang. I hope you have a lot of fun with it.

If you can get a K&N air filter for you car, it will add a few horsepower and won't cost much money.

John

93 GT
Reply to
John Vannoy

In magazines they say carbrator upgrade was a good choice and

But it won't help the 255 much at all. Now you could put some two chamber Flowmasters on it with 3" long dump tubes on the back and audibly intimidate some people, but that's about it. Personally, I would keep it well tuned, drive it very politely and get good fuel milage to save up for a later madle Fox from 89-93 and then modify that.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Jiang, I think many of these answers are from people who are only reading or guessing. I have a 79' Futura with the 302 engine, same basic chassis, fox chassis as yours and the thing I noticed is just how bad that carburator can be if it is not tuned exactly to specs. The reason is ( I have read) is that is a variable venturi. In my mind that was an experiment, but who knows?

Try that first, if it goes quicker, think about manifold, carb and new exhausts that are less restrictive. My futura goes pretty good but I am getting ready to put a whole new top end on it just for giggles.

The vinyl top is the easiest I have ever seen to replace. With material and spray adhesive it cost me about $30 dollars. It took me three hours and looks great. I did the headliner in about two hours and it looks good too. That was about $15 in material that was on sale. "But now is the time for the younger men to lock in rough encounters, time for me to yield to the pains of old age. But there was a day I shone among the champions."

Homer, The Illiad, 23.715-719 (800 BC). King Nestor of Pylos.

Reply to
patricktee