My 2nd need for warranty

I've had the car for 2 months, got to call tomorrow for an appt. Drivers side window doesn't work, its stuck in the down position. Push the up button and nothing, when I push down i get a faint 'click'. First time they replaced the steering wheel due to it peeling like an onion. Doggone it I hope this isn't a sign of bad things to come.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

You may still be able to get an extended warranty. Check with the dealer and other sellers. These are an after market item and are available. Price and coverage will help you decide how you will want to go.

Reply to
Richard

I'm almost positive you can still get an extended warranty. I just got a letter in the mail from

letting me know that my factory warranty was due to expire and that they would sell me one. I guess I'm on more then one of their "lists" because I bought an ext warranty from them when I bought the car.

----------------- Jim '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven) '89 LX 5.0 vert '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side, shortened throttle cable.

Reply to
AZGuy

Keep in mind, it's still a car, things will happen, most important of all is that you have the warranty, and get it all done before it runs out.

They had to replace a lot of stuff on mine just before the warranty ran out, and I didn't give an inch.

Kate

| > Steve | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

I found that the Ford Premium extended warranty wasn't worth the paper it was printed on unless it was a transmission or something like that, even then they would knit pick over a particular part number "not being on the list".

I have no use at all for aotomotive extended warrantys, this is my third experience with them, and all have been bad.

Fortunately, I never used the warranty, and got a full refund when I found this out.

Kate

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

I've never opted for extra-cost, extended warranties, but have given very favorable consideration to one for the '02 Mustang convertible. That's because my previous car a year out of factory warranty blew a window lift, & the repair was in the $400 range. It wouldn't take too many gadget failures to make the extended warranty worth the "investment."

Kate, I appreciate your take on this issue, but I'd like to hear from others who might have similar/different experiences with them.

Reply to
C Green

I've had extended warranties on 3 vehicles overall I have come out about even. I consider that a pretty good return on my investment because I have had 7 years/100,000 miles of no worries about anything expensive breaking. My 99 GT warranty cost me about $1200 from warrantydirect and so far it's paid for $865 in differential repairs plus about $50 in car rental costs. It will run for another 4 years or till I hit 100K miles. Since I keep reading that Fords tie rod ends are prone to early wear I expect to at least have that done under the warranty and most likely the struts replaced under warranty also since they are specifically listed as covered and it's unlikely they will last that long. Between those expected repairs alone I expect to break even and if the transmission or AC breaks even once I'll wind up way ahead of the game.