My 98 Mustang GT won't Start!!

Tonight I went to start my car which has never gave me any major problems before......... and it won't start!!!! I just got a new battery about a month ago. When I turn the key it just goes click..... that's all............ it doesn't even try to start... can anyone help with any suggestions????

Reply to
latinF_20

Dead battery. Various possible causes:

1) something left on. 2) alternator not functioning correctly. 3) battery defective. 4) something staying on that shouldn't. 5) high resistance in battery cables.

Other than that, a bad starter that just doesn't turn.

Reply to
Brent P
6) Did you check to be sure that the cables are properly cleaned and tightened and that the posts on the battery were cleaned before it was installed.

Kate

: : :

Reply to
Kate

Also make sure the battery's Positive cable is clean at the starter end. Corrosion can build up there and cause nothing but a "click" when you turn the key. I always put silicone gel or vasoline on all of the battery cable connections after cleaning them bright and shiney, it keeps 'em that way.

-Dave

Reply to
nospam

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions. It was the cables on the battery......... It was loose..... I'm just glad it was nothing major because right now would of not been a good time for that! Thanks for all your help.

Reply to
latinF_20