Need 95 Stang OEM parts

I heard a while ago there's an online source for late-model factory parts besides the dealer that are a little cheaper. Does anyone have the address? I'm looking for original interior parts mostly for a '95 Mustang.

Also, I've got 68000 miles on the engine. It's totally stock (so far) with only a K&N filter and hasn't been abused. Is it safe to switch to a full synthetic motor oil like Mobil 1 or Redline? Will switching cause seepage through the seals and rings or am I good to go? What about synthetic in the tranny?

Tylor

Reply to
Cpt. Tylor

Try

Not sure if they have the parts you need or if they are any cheaper, but it is one way to bypass your local dealer.

Sure it is. The Corvette is filled with Mobil 1 (or at least it used to be) from the factory. It shouldn't leak from the seals or rings unless it already does. I've got synthetic oil in the tranny of my '69 Chev II/Nova. (Sorry it ain't a Ford. We aren't all perfect enough to run

100% Fords) It works so far......
Reply to
Kruse

Thanks Kruse. That was the parts place I was looking for. I'll look into it some more, but I think I'm going to swap in Mobil 1 at the next oil change. I've been using it on my other cars and they all run very smooth.

Tylor

Reply to
Cpt. Tylor

Switching to synthetic won't be a problem. One caution, though, ester-based synthetics, like Redline, have a natural high detergencey. This can cause sludge buildup from a higher mileage engine to dislodge and find its way into an oil passage or clog your oil filter and starve your engine of oil. The oils you mentioned are really good and I'd also look into Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic. That's a top-notch oil too.

Mario

-- EngineOilSelector.com

Reply to
Mario

Why would you change over ? You have no mods, Are you running it on the track, or aggressive street driving ? If you stick to the 3K oil changes and use a good filter , it will last forever with regular oil. Is this the GT or v6 ?

Reply to
RT