Need a schematic for the Fuel Sending Unit!

Does anyone have a schematic of the Fuel Sending Unit for an 89 5.0 ??

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert

--->> FOR SALE

Reply to
Katmandu

Katmandu opined in news:DmKWa.44645$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.neo.rr.com:

The sender itself?

How hard can it be?.. IIRC there's 3 wires to the module.. GRD, FP power and sender. Which is a variable wire resistor and internally ends at ground.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I was needing it to trace the wiring back up to the instrument panel.

Thanks anyways.

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert

--->> FOR SALE

Reply to
Katmandu

I just dropped the tank and pulled out the sending unit itself.

Turns out the circuit board (inside the plastic box) has worn-out metal contacts on the variable resistor.

Anyone have a good used one For Sale ??

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert

--->> FOR SALE

Reply to
Katmandu

I went out and bought a Haynes manual this AM. The schematics in the back are puny!!

I have good eyesight, and I can hardly read the tiny diagrams!

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert

--->> FOR SALE

Reply to
Katmandu

On my '93 F150, I bought a new sending unit from the dealership. Wasn't too expensive, as I recall, although I don't have the reciept right in front of me. Is the Mustang unit so different? You shouldn't have to buy the whole pump assembly.

Reply to
RayS

Best price I found (so far) for a new Sending Unit is $90.

There's gotta be a better price than this out there.....

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert

--->> FOR SALE expensive, as I recall, although I don't have the reciept right in front of

Reply to
Katmandu

I just purchased one for $60 from my ford dealership. I have my old one laying around still. It worked well for me but on random occasions my gas gauge would run all the way to the top and stay there for a couple of minutes then level back out. This happened maybe once a month. I would suggest purchasing new. You can try to parts department of

a local dealership to me in scottsdale arizona. They have a rep who deals with Internet orders - they always give me good deals on parts I need. If you want my old unit I can ship it to you for cost of shipping. Email me directly if interested at andybudwill_NOSPAM snipped-for-privacy@phorum.net. Of course remove _NOSPAM_ from the address.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Budwill