Need car moved from California to Michigan

I'm going to restore a 63 Galaxie for a customer. There is a great parts car (roller) he needs in Wilmington California. I live in Michigan near Pontiac. We are looking for the cheapest way to transport a roller to Michigan. I found a guy that can move it from Lafton Arizona to Michigan, but still need the car to move from Wilmington to Lafton. Ideally, moving it direct from Ca to Mi would be best. I checked with one place and they want $1380 to move from Ca to Mi. The customer just can't pay that much.

Is there anyone here connected with car haulers or know anyone that hauls cars?

Please let me know ASAP. Thanks Danford1 snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (248) 895-1444 cell phone

Reply to
Dan S

I don't want to be the "spoiler" here.... but let's be realistic.... Your customer wants to restore a 40 year old car - along with all the "gotchas" you just know are going to happen along the way... But he "can't" afford the moving bill????

If this was me.... I'd have alarm bells rigning....

Reply to
Jim Warman

I got the same kind of feeling... if he can't afford $1380....

Actually $1380 doesn't sound that far out of line.... My co-worker sold a motorcycle to a guy in Florida. The cheapest quote to have a simple motorcycle shipped from Michigan to Florida was $600. This is from a company that specializes in motorcycles. On the high end he got a quote from a moving company for over $1500! And remember CA is a lot farther than FL....

Reply to
John S.

rebuilt engine is how much, $3,000?

Reply to
Mas Plak

Google "back hauls".

Reply to
John

Try U Ship. People will bid on the job, and you take a bid you like. I've had good results, and found a great hauler who brought a bike from Illinois to Calif for $300.

vince garcia