Need help deciphering code for a Mustang

I know very little about this car which I purchased 25 years ago and have stored ever since.

I saw that some people have all the information about the vehicles. Can anyone help me with this code.

Here is the information on the plate:

763 J 66 18O 11 2 6

VEHICLE WARRANTY NUMBER

5F08T667446

Thanks!

Mars

Reply to
mboulianne

I just googled for "mustang vin decod"

Neil

Reply to
neildomo

Willing to bet that the '763' should be '76B'

Reply to
Tony

Classic Mustang Decoder Results Warranty Number: 5F08T667446 Year: 5 1965

Plant: F Dearborn, MI

Body Series: 08 Convertible

Engine: T 200 1v I6

Unit: 667446 667446

Miscellaneous Vehicle Data Body: 76B Convertible, Pony Interior

Color: J Ragoon Red

Trim: 66 Black Crinkle Vinyl, Pony Interior

Date: 180

D.S.O: 11 Boston

Axle: 2 2.83:1, Conventional

Trans: 6 C4 Automatic

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

For the helluvit I put my '72 Mach1's VIN in the decoder, and came back saying it was born in Dearborn in '72, and the engine code (H) means it should have a 351 2v V8 (it currently doesn't). Does anyone know if Mach1s that came out of Dearborn that year had a particular

351? Windsor maybe?

Thanks, Neil

Reply to
neildomo

351 Clevelands... I believe the last Windsor in a Mach I was in 1969.. My 69 Mach had a 351W and the 2 70s I owned were Clevelands...
Reply to
Tony

All 351's in '69 were Windsors, both 2V and 4V. The only "Cleveland" in '69 was the Boss 302.

The '70-'73 2V motors were either Cleveland or Windsor. All '70-'73 351 4V motors were Clevelands with the exception of the few GT350s released in '70 which were 351W 4V left over from '69.

One of my 1970 Mach 1's had a 351W 2V.

Either a Cleveland or Windsor would be correct for the 1972 Mach H code.

rd

Reply to
RD Jones

Thanks... I had only my personal experience to go on.. .

Reply to
Tony

My 73 Mach I was a 351-2v Cleveland as well..

Reply to
Tony