Need help with broken seat part on 1994 Mustang

I have a 1994 Mustang convertible. The metal part that connects the = drivers seat to the power seat track is broken. I've taken a picture and = circled the broken part. See =

Do I need to buy a =power seat track or is this a separate part? It does not appear that I =can remove just this part and I suspect I'll need the complete power =seat track. But, I don't want to buy a power seat track if it doesn't =have this part.=20

Also, does anyone have suggestions as to where I can purchase this part = used or new at a reasonable price?

Thanks, Steve Smith

Reply to
Steve Smith

It is hard to see what has actually happened but obviously it looks like a broken weld etc. If you dismantle the seat in this area can it not be welded? ( by a competent and careful welder!) I've actually welded the recliner arm back on my Explorer while it was still in the truck. I simple shielded the upholstery from the arc and spatter and it worked fine. StuK

Also, does anyone have suggestions as to where I can purchase this part used or new at a reasonable price?

Thanks, Steve Smith

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

In the group here ping Tim aka Musttanguy (yes - 2T's) He is great when it comes to those oddball pieces and parts and can advise you on what you will need.

Good luck! Kate

Also, does anyone have suggestions as to where I can purchase this part used or new at a reasonable price?

Thanks, Steve Smith

Reply to
SVTKate

If you take another picture and forward it to me in E-mail (remove "PETITION" in the address above) I can give you some insight at what you may be looking at. The picture you posted doesn't show any detail. You could be either looking at a $20 weld job or a $100 used seat track purchase.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Thanks for the replies. I realize the photo is not very good. I've been = told by others that the broken part is part of my seat track. There are = two small flat metal parts that attach the seat frame to the track on = each side. The picture only shows the rear one near the door, but the = front one on the same side broke last year. I repaired the front one, = but it wasn't perfect and the seat was a little high on that corner. = I've decided to go ahead and replace the whole seat track. I've ordered = a used one for $65 from Pioneer Auto. They contacted me after I left a = message at

Other companies wanted $125 to =$140 for a used one and $225 to $250 for a new one.=20

Steve Smith

Reply to
Steve Smith

Like I said.. PING> Musttanguy!

Kate

Steve Smith

Reply to
SVTKate

Unfortunately, Steve, I don't have a solution, but rather I have a problem with my passenger seat in my 94 GT coupe. I moved the seat up to let my dog in the back seat a while ago, and now the seat locking mechanism won't disengage to let me move the seat back. I took a look underneath, and this wire here: which is attached to the left side of the seat seems to have come unattached to something on the right side of the seat here:

. I'm guessing itattaches to the bracket that's sticking out in the foreground, but I can'tfigure out how it attaches. Could someone possibly take a picture of whatthe wire looks like when it's attached? I'm not sure if you could get agood enough picture without taking the seat out, but any help would beappreciated!

Reply to
LoTekGuru

Odd, as soon as this message showed up on my news server, it disappeared. Apologies if this gets posted twice. anyway...

Unfortunately, Steve, I don't have a solution, but rather I have a problem with my passenger seat in my 94 GT coupe. I moved the seat up to let my dog in the back seat a while ago, and now the seat locking mechanism won't disengage to let me move the seat back. I took a look underneath, and this wire here: which is attached to the left side of the seat seems to have come unattached to something on the right side of the seat here: . I'm guessing it attaches to the bracket that's sticking out in the foreground, but I can't figure out how it attaches. Could someone possibly take a picture of what the wire looks like when it's attached? I'm not sure if you could get a good enough picture without taking the seat out, but any help would be appreciated!

-- James, '94 GT remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply

Reply to
LoTekGuru

try looking at the other seat.

the "wire" should be a spring.

this link may or may not help:

SWG

It must be something about that year and model. I have a 94 Convertable and have he same problem.

Also, does anyone have suggestions as to where I can purchase this part used or new at a reasonable price?

Thanks, Steve Smith

Reply to
Jeffery Privott

I guess you get what you pay for, or in this case I didn't get anything. = Pioneer Auto strung me along for three weeks. After ten days went by, I = called Pioneer Auto and they told me the seat track had been shipped to = wrong address by mistake and that they had corrected the problem and = were sending it out that day. It never showed up at my address and I = called back and they said they had LOST the part and they could not find = a replacement. My credit card was charged when I placed the order and I = can only hope they will credit it. They also had added an extra $4.00 to = the charge for some reason. The $65 included the shipping, so I don' = know what that charge was for. $65 seemed to good to be true and it was. = Here's a cut and paste from their email "power seat track $65.00 = includes shipping". Yea, right.

Steve Smith

Reply to
Steve Smith

Steve... "you can only HOPE" that they will credit your card back?

C'mon now. Call them, tell them you want a credit, INCLUDING the unknown and unauthorized charge. THEN get on the phone with your credit card company and explain what happened and tell them you want to dispute the charge.

Don't hand them the jar of vaseline and bend over... put up a fight!

Kate

[...]

You can run, but you can't hide from Kate! She calls'em as she sees'em!

Come on Steve! Do you need to see a doctor to get a testosterone patch?

Reply to
John

Another week has now gone by and as of today(9/16/04) my credit card has = still not been credited. Larry of Pioneer Auto has lost all = creditability with me. He's the same guy who emailed me and said he had = the part and he offered to sell it to me. Upon receiving his email I = immediately called him and ordered the part and he said it would be = shipped to me within a day. When I never received it, I called back and = Larry said it had been delayed because the part was accidentally shipped = to the wrong address. He said they had gotten the part back and had = shipped it to me and I should get it in four or five days.=20

When the part still didn't arrive, I called Larry and this time he said = they had lost the part and it was never actually shipped to me. He asked = me to call him back in couple of days so he could try to find the part. = I called back in two days and he said they were not able to find the = part and they could not find any replacements either. He said my credit = card had probably had not been charged, but he didn't know for sure. Of = course it was up to me to find out if it had been charged or not. I = checked with my bank and found out that my card had been charged by = "Approved Auto Sales" and there was NO credit. I called Larry back on =

9/09/04 and told him this and he said he would apply for a credit and it = would show up on my account within two days. Today(9/19/04) Larry now = says he will apply for a credit again and it will be two more days = before I get the credit. I'm giving him until Monday 9/20/04 and if = there if a credit has not been applied, I will dispute the charge and = file a complaint with the BBB.=20

Throughout the last month, Larry or Pioneer never contacted me about = these problems. After waiting and waiting, I had to call Pioneer Auto = and track Larry down to find out what was going on. I don't have time = for this kind of "customer service". Be wary of

and = Pioneer Auto in Hardy, AR.=20

Steve Smith

Reply to
Steve Smith

I guess my last phone call did the trick. I just checked with my bank = again and Pioneer Auto as finally credited my credit card. The credit is = shown as coming from "Highway 74 West Auto Salvage". I guess this is = their supplier. In any case I'm glad they finally creditted my credit = card account. But, just like trying to find out the status of the part, = it's too bad I also had to be proactive to get the credit. You'd think = they would have applied the credit automatically. But, I guess if they = did business that way, I wouldn't have had problems to begin with.

Steve Smith

Reply to
Steve Smith

On an up note, you learned a lesson, AND you got your $$$ back :)

Kate

Steve Smith

Reply to
SVTKate