Need intervention for GM temptation

I have been clean for over 20 years. The last time I owned a Corvette or an El Camino.

Since then I have been a solid blue oval Man when it comes to my automobile excitement! Many classic mustangs and Rancheros have passed through my stable! Never once (maybe once or twice) thinking about owning another GM car.

Well, I'll be a monkey's cousin if I don't find myself driving by my local GM dealership. So far I have been able to resist, but for how long Guys?

Why the temptation you ask? Damn new Corvette! I love that thing, then the Hummer H2 is also beckoning me! The vette in Red, and the H2 in yellow!

What will my Mustangs think of me?

Help me stay loyal Guys, help me!

-- _______________________________________ "The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: The chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

Just Me "Koi"

If your gonna stray at least go for something decent. The new vette looks like it should say Mazda on it, and the H2 is just an over dressed and over priced Suburban. I will give GM credit they are at least trying to come out with some neat cars with stuff like the SSR (way to heavy) and GTO (lack of style). Other than the 05 Mustang Ford has nothing exciting. Sure there is the GT, but just how many of us in here can even come close to paying for one without defaulting on our mortgage?

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

I can't help you on the Vette, if you want one, get one.

On the H2.. they are an over priced joke to anyone with REAL hummer or a REAL 4X4 An over rated soccer mobile and hella over priced too - not to mention all that fugly!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate (mobile)

They are also supposed to be total junk. Lots of kids late to soccer practice. :)

Reply to
Mitch

Hmmm. That's the same argument I use when my eyes start straying from my wife of 13 years! Be strong. I know it is a wait, but the '06 SVT Cobra will sit at the same table as the C6--for about $10,000 less money. If you cannot wait until next year, the upcoming '05 Mustang GT with its 300HP/315 foot pounds should give you a nice base, especially with nearly $17,000 extra money to spend on goodies (compared to the price of the C6).

My wife doesnot deserve betrayal...and neither does Blue Oval heritage! Be strong.

Glen

Reply to
Glen D. Nile

How much will it cost to replace that interior? :-)

Reply to
Mitch

If you are tempted to get an H2, just stop yourself and go to an army surplus yard and pick up a *REAL* Humvee. If you go and get a civilian one, you will wind up trying to take it off-road and break it.

Reply to
Greg B.

I wonder... does she feel the same way? *grin* Naw.. you prolly are just as young, fit and handsome as you were 13 years ago.

Just had to poke you in the ribs a little :) Kate

Be strong. I know it is a wait, but the '06 SVT

Reply to
SVTKate (mobile)

The oil patch and the mining companies use humvees as fleet vehicles and the model is a comfortable version of the military original. You might not be able to get it in spineless yellow or soccer mom blood red, but the money you save can be spent on a decent paint job.

JJ

Reply to
Jeremy

I can understand why you consider the H2 not to be a real Hummer, but why don't you consider it a real 4x4? Although I'm no authority on 4 wheel drive vehicles, the H2 looks like a real enough 4x4 to me. What did I miss?

the Nay Sayer

Reply to
the Nay Sayer

Honestly, from what I have seen, the H2 really isn't that bad.. But, people are purchasing it with unrealistic expectations. They are looking for a vehicle that is designed to last 30 years in a war torn enviroment.. Which would be the H1, Not the H2..

As far as not being a real 4x4, that may be pushing it a bit.. However, again people expect it to perform like the H1, and that is simply not goingto happen. the H1 was designed to be able to go anywhere that an M1A1 tank can, with no problems. With the design of the H1, quite a few serious off roading enthusiast's have actually tried to get it to roll, with no success. The thing simply does not roll. except in Very extreme circumstances. (The H1 can sit sideways on a 60 degree incline i believe...)

Take a look at the H2. It is not nearly as wide as the H1, and it sits quite a bit higher then the H1, but does so without the ground clearance the H1 provides. Because of this, it has a high venter of gravity, making it rather easy to flip. Actually, my explorer is probably just as stable in off-camber situations as the H2.

Take a look at the underside of the H1, it looks like a sheet of armor with a few holes drilled into it so it can breathe. Whereas the H2.. is a suburban.. Granted, it is plated, but I wouldn't suggest sliding the bottom of it over too many boulders..

Simply put.. I think its just seriously overrated due to the name and reputation of the H1. (Any news on when the H3 is supposed to be released?)

Reply to
Erimikos

Consumer reports?

I think it was the H2 that was such a piece.................I could be wrong.

Either way, both of those cars say "short penis"

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

They fall into the category of being over rated and not tough enough to do any real off roading. They are a yuppie's 4x4 that is only driven to the ski slopes or the soccer mom that is trying to out do the neighbor's Lexus SUV.. It's hard to put into words, but I have heard nothing but bad things about them from folks I know who use jeeps and old scouts do REAL rock climbing with their rigs.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate (mobile)

Naw... the penis has nothing to do with it! It's the SOCCER MOM that is driving the H2... what the hell does that have to do with penises (other than the proof that they used one once or twice)

I can kind of understand the Vette, all that HP is a siren on the rocks no doubt.. but the H2, is not a reall Hummer... and no matter what some folks say, Memorex is just not the same.

Kate

If you don't, it's its.

and likewise yours

Reply to
SVTKate (mobile)

I beg your pardon! Who told you that? As they said in an episode of Seinfeld "It was a cold day and I just go out of a cold shower....shrinkage factor"

I am insecure enough to actually worry about your point! Naaah!

-- _______________________________________ "The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: The chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

If you don't, it's its.

and likewise yours

Reply to
Just Me "Koi"

Penis envy?

-- _______________________________________ "The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: The chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

Reply to
Just Me "Koi"

Someone please tell me why the GM dealership has to be located next to the Ford Dealership in Glendora California? And why do both have to be on my way to work and back home? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? And why is it not illegal for GM to run that ad with the Corvette in it?

-- _______________________________________ "The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: The chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

Reply to
Just Me "Koi"

People are buying H2's based on the fact that they think they look "kewl," and that they want their neighbors to think they have more money than them.

These are the people the H2 is marketed to, and these are the people that buy them.

Reply to
Mitch
** People are buying H2's based on the fact that they think they look ** "kewl," and that they want their neighbors to think they have more ** money than them.

Ah, you mean "BoBo's" - people who hold possessions in higher regard than people; folks who are all flash, no cash; people who are in hock up to their eyeballs and are 4-6 cash-weeks away from being homeless out on the street, but want everyone to THINK they're rich and affluent; people who file for bankruptcy every 10 years with regularity, who run up as much debt as possible before gleefully dumping everything. Oh yeah, I know the type. They're everwhere these days. And I avoid BoBo's like the faux-humanity they really are.

** These are the people the H2 is marketed to, and these are the people ** that buy them.

Actually, lenders allow them to drive the thing after they've put $500 bucks down on one and sign the 5-year lease agreement, or worse, the 8-year loan agreement at 18%+.

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams

Yeah, the ones who were LEASING Lexus's when they first came out. :-)

Reply to
Mitch