Need some help on Mustang Engine Temp HELP!

Hi All,

I finally bought myself a 1985 Mustang GT with a 5.0L. Bought it from a a lady who had it. Car runs awesome. Anyhow, yesterday morning I took it to work and the weather was ok not too hot and not to cold. My Temp gauge was under half or half. This seems normal. At night on the way home, the gauge was now reading over half all the way to 3/4! This is still in the normal range. The weather was very hot and very humid. Is this normal or is it running way too HOT??? Can anyone help me with this? The rad doesn't seem to be the best but its only done this twice now and on very hot humid days and even at night when it's hot and humid.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Steph

i think the M in NORMAL is where the low speed fan should kick on at. and ithink that is at 212 or 216 deg

--

1994 gt 5 speed mods: GT 40 long block gt 40x heads, B303 cam BBK 70MM TB, EDELBROCK PERFORMER RPM , MAC COLD AIR, KIRBAN ADJUSTABLE FPR

FMS 30LB Injectors, PRO-M 75 MM Mass Air Sensor, King Cobra Clutch, 3:73 REAR GEARS.

BBK EQUAL LENGTH SHORTY HEADERS, STAINLESS STEEL (NO CATS) H PIPE, FLOW MASTERS 40, SUB FRAME CONNECTORS Smog pump removed, EGR removed

Reply to
94stang

Rein