Need to make 1996 Mustang GT Louder!!! an Faster!!! HELP

hi everyone i am a owner of a 96 mustang gt....i have just put flowmaster exhaust cans on the car with the stock tailpips. It only really sounds good at about 2000 rpm an then i cant even hear it... kinda disapointing if u ask me, well i need help on how 2 wake up my

4.6 so u can hear it 5 miles away any suggestions?

Yea.. sell it.

You are too stupid to know that you will annoy the hell out of everyone within that five mile radius and leave yourself as a target for every patrolman that wants to write a dumbass like yourself a ticket.

Sound harsh? Try living next door to the moron that has the pipes that can be heard "for a five mile radius"

A car can sound great without being loud enough to be obnoxious. You wanna hear a sweet sounding car? BlueStang98 has one that will make your dick drop in the dirt. Nothing special really to look at - like a normal car - but when he turns the key, it turns heads. Runs like a rabbid assed ape too. it's tasteful, and audible.

Go buy a Honda, drop it in the dirt, add a chicken wing to the deck lid that has at least a three foot lift and put a fart can muffler on it with lots of "make it go fast yellow" stickers and plug in some rap music and you will be in great shape.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

lmfao why?? a mustang is a pos

hurc ast

Reply to
fordsrus12473

ok ok not that loud but it sounds the same as soon as i pass 2000 rpm i jus want the sweet sounding deep tone that the mustangs are known 4. im putting x-pipe on it in a few days an takin out all the cats...will that make the sound any different???

Keep the cats & ditch the mufflers instead.

The drone will, however, drive you nuts in quick time.

My '73 Mustang (factory 302/4bbl.) has no mufflers, no cats, no H-pipe, just straight pipes out the back. The neighbors hate me between 9:00pm & 9:00am, and pretty much all day too... even a hate call now & then when we fire it up... but it sure sounds great with a 5000 rpm WOT run-by!

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

so run straight pipes from the heads back? but wont i lose power because there will be no back pressure?

I just took off the cats of the stock H-pipe put MIL eliminators and saved some $$. with 40 series mufflers it sounds really loud enough.

Reply to
mustangGT_00

How did you take off the cats? Just weld/clamp in other pipe where the cats were?

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

I'm with Kate on this. And while we are talking about people being insensitive (or just plain stupid), let's also talk about fog lights. Just because you *have* foglights, doesn't mean you need to use them when the weather is clear and your normal driving lights will do fine. You can do other things to "look cool" that do not annoy and distract those around you. And finally, back to sound, WTF is it with bass thumping so hard I can hear it a block away in MY car with my windows up and my own stereo on? Admit it that when you turn your stereo up that loud, it doesn't sound good to you until you have lost half your hearing. The only people you will impress with loudness (audible & visual) are other dorks like yourself who have no taste, sensitivity, or intelligence. "Look at me, I'm a big dork who needs attention," is what most people think of your cheesy/annoying display. How many people smart enough to afford $40,000+ cars do you see driving around with foglights on in clear weather, loud mufflers, and thumping bass? And how many do you see doing all of the above in cheaper cars? Getting a clue yet?

Reply to
Scotter

Get out your CHECK BOOK!!! More noise equals more tickets! Period!

That doesn't even touch on the irreversible "permanent" low tone hearing loss...

Reply to
351CJ

Gee, thanks babe. Normal car, eh? Why I oughta...

Okay, that's a little better, you're SORTA off the hook but you better watch your step! {;-)

rofl... funny stuff Kate, funny stuff.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Okie Tom - TS #62

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. 2001 Ranger XLT
Reply to
bluestang98

Here's what contibutes to my car's exhaust note that Kate's so fond of:

98 GT w/ 2000 heads FRPP coated shorty headers Bassani Stainless Steel Offroad X Bassani Stainless Steel Cat-Back w/baffles

Generally speaking, most people prefer the sound of straight-through type mufflers with X-pipes (particularly Offroad X-pipes) while chambered mufflers tend to be more pleasing with H-pipes. Often when you mix these this formula incorrectly the result is a wicked drone around 2000 rpm's that'll rattle your teeth outta your head.

Unfortunately the exact model of Bassani X that I have isn't available as a 1-piece part anymore, they did a slight re-design to make shipping more affordable. Still great stuff though and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. If I had to do it all over again I'd take a hard look at the Magnaflow stuff... same stainless steel construction at a little more reasonable price.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Okie Tom - TS #62

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. 2001 Ranger XLT
Reply to
bluestang98

And I care, why? Suit yourself.

-- Stephan

2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
Reply to
Stephan Rose

Why did you waste money on mufflers if you wanted your car to be that loud?

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Garth,

LOL... well, he made it pretty clear that he doesn't exactly know what he's doing. He's just throwing parts at it w/out doing his homework. Probably based on a friend's recommendation or a shop's sales pitch.. maybe even a performance shop's sales pitch. Who knows :P~~.

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

Yup, just as you said, but the front two were hard to take off, so I just "emptyed" them so they are still there with nothing inside. it sounds the same as I spent $$$ on aftermarket stuff.

Reply to
mustangGT_00

Why didn't ya pull the entire H-pipe & use a recip. saw to cut 'em out? Or even an angle grinder w/ a cutting wheel... then grind it down. I'd use a recip. saw & a few blades.

I'm shopping around for an H-pipe with 2 high-flow cats. I have a Steeda adjustable clutch cable on the way.. should arrive tomorrow or day after. Mine snapped :(.

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

"Stephan Rose" wrote | | I could not be any calmer =) | | | -- | Stephan | 2001 Yamaha YZF-R6

The Zen Master....

*snikker*giggle*

Riiiiight...!!

Reply to
SVTKate

| >You are too stupid to know that you will annoy the hell out of everyone | >within that five mile radius and leave yourself as a target for every | >patrolman that wants to write a dumbass like yourself a ticket. | >

| >Sound harsh? | >Try living next door to the moron that has the pipes that can be heard "for | >a five mile radius" | >

| >A car can sound great without being loud enough to be obnoxious. You wanna | >hear a sweet sounding car? BlueStang98 has one that will make your dick drop | >in the dirt. | | >Nothing special really to look at - like a normal car | | Gee, thanks babe. Normal car, eh? Why I oughta...

You oughtta... whut???? Huh huh...?? I ain't scared of you.. .boy! It DOES look normal, even with those ugly tail lights! But man... put a bag over it's head and listen to it moan in your ear, and it's all about the 10 at 2!

| | >but when he turns the key, it turns heads. Runs like a rabbid assed ape too. | >it's tasteful, and audible. | | Okay, that's a little better, you're SORTA off the hook but you better | watch your step! {;-)

No kidding! Like the last time I was OKC and didn't... ??? You got that one right.

| >Go buy a Honda, drop it in the dirt, add a chicken wing to the deck lid that | >has at least a three foot lift and put a fart can muffler on it with lots of | >"make it go fast yellow" stickers and plug in some rap music and you will be | >in great shape. | >

| rofl... funny stuff Kate, funny stuff.

I guess the kid's intentions are good, it was just a case of how it read once posted.

| | >Kate | >98 Cobra Drop Top

| | | - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | Okie Tom - TS #62 | | 1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. | 2001 Ranger XLT

Reply to
SVTKate

Cram eight guys in it and have them shout "VROOM! VROOM!" in unison.

Rinse.

Repeat.

Reply to
Quiet Desperation