New Charger ad, more crap

Mutilating that classic rock song into rap crap, then showing some YUPPIE Charger driver fantasizing that little kids on bikes are 'tards on Harleys. It's bad enough seeing 40+ year old YUPPIES actually RIDING Harleys, complete with those ridiculous "half-helmets" they use to look like "rebels." Someone please wake me from this consumerist nightmare, please? Bring back REAL muscle cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
michaelanderson4

Ummm, you got some sort of thing for old guys on Harleys??? I've been riding bikes since before you were a smudge on the sheets...

Ain't nobody rockin' your boat... leave it that way...

FWIW, at least not all Canadians are dorks like some......... 'tard, indeed.

Reply to
Jim Warman

425hp V8 rear wheel drive sedan seems like a muscle car to me.
Reply to
Ritz

First; I am a Mustang guy thru and thru.

HOWEVER I do appreciate a nice car now and then;

Anyone else think the new Pontiac Solstice could use the GTO powerplant and some big rubber? I think the car would be visually awesome and probably go like a bat out of hell.

*sigh* a cool two seater with 400+ hp from a GM division other than Chevrolet (vette) is likely not gonna happen...
Reply to
cprice

Ain't no likely about it. The Vette will always be at the top of the GM food chain.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

What the hell are you talking about!?!? We have cars today that absolutely annihilate the muscle cars of the 1960s in every performance category. Even many econoboxes would give a Boss 429 a run in the 1/4 mile and kill it on a road course. Times are good indeed for us gear heads. Quit bitching.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Uhhhh.... I haven't seen the commercial but... those 40 something guys on Harleys are the ones that have been riding them for the last 20-30 years. They are the ones that took the Harley from a bad image to a great ride.

How many punk kids do you see riding a Harley? Because ? The half helmets are a compliance thing, not a fashion statement. i.e.: "I'll wear it if I have to but I will wear as little as possible and be comfortable while I'm at it"

Sounds to me like YOU are the rebel without a clue.

Oh, yea AND.... those 40 something Yuppies ARE the target market because WE are the ones that drove the originals and WE are the ones that can afford the new cars.

You have your own generation, make your own classics. If you don't like the charger that's your perogative, a lot of other people don't. Just because it has 4 doors doesn't mean it isn't muscle..

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

I like the half helmet because it is lighter, cooler and, most of all, I can hear much better.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

How's your hearing at 75mph with the wind barreling into your eardrums? :-)

-=Grumbler

Reply to
Grumbler

Have seen the commercial, and every single one of those bikes is a custom chopper, not a stock Harley-Davidson.

Many, if not most, of those 40-something guys who can afford to spend $30K to $150K on a custom chopper have very little riding experience. If they did, it was before marriage and family.

They don't even know how to countersteer a motorcycle, and those of us with decades of experience consider many of those owners to be clueless RUBs riding butt jewelry.

Sure, there's also *real* bikers riding those types of bikes, but they usually built it themselves. If you ever go to Sturgis during the rally, you'd be astonished at the number of RVs and motorcycle trailers parked all over the place.

Motorcycling is supposed to be about getting away from it all, but all too many are into it for ego gratification, and may never have to replace the rear tires as they rarely ride their Garage Queens. Too busy making money or something. ;^)

-=G

Reply to
Grumbler

Doesn't bother me at all. It is when I'm in town that the better hearing pays off in spades.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

I see Chuck Zito fairly frequently on his custom chopper (which I'm sure he didn't build) when he's not driving his custom vette. Perhaps you'd like to meet him in person and take issue with his "butt jewelery." Bring a medic.

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz

: > How many punk kids do you see riding a Harley? Because ? : > The half helmets are a compliance thing, not a fashion statement. : > i.e.: "I'll wear it if I have to but I will wear as little as possible and : > be comfortable while I'm at it" : : I like the half helmet because it is lighter, cooler and, most of all, I : can hear much better.

There now you have it, from the man himself.... and he isn't trying to be kewel at all!

dang yuppies..... *wink*

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

I agree. Mustang Monthly last month has an article on the 'best 25 mustangs of all time' (or something like that). In the article they reference the fastest 1/4 mile time for a 60's-70's factory stock mustang was the 71 boss351 at something like 13.8. Hell, my bone stock (paper filter and all) 97 cobra can turn high 13's on a good day. 2003 cobras are easy low to mid 13 second cars in bone stock form. Compare

1971 brakes, tires, and suspension to a 03 cobra and IMO the cobra wins hands down. Styling is a personal preference, but raw horsepower to the ground and down the 1/4 does not lie...
Reply to
cprice

Reply to
cprice

I know who Chuck Zito is. Can't make any assumpations whether he built it himself or not. Why don't you ask him?

-=G

Reply to
Grumbler

Neither does lap times on a road course. ;)

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

I don't see the importance about building the bike you ride. The vast majority of ALL riders don't build their bikes. Why invest the time and money into a one-off project? I could say the same about the house you live in. I doubt you built it yourself and I don't care one way or the other anyhow. As for a person's motives for riding, why should anyone care?

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

"ZombyWoof" wrote

I beg to differ, even though I also bleed Ford corporate blue, the Cadillac STS-V has 469hp and 439lb/ft out of a 4.4L Northstar. It's not a Corvette. It's much less displacement than the less powerful 6.0L LS2 'vette motor, and it's smaller than the mod motors from the blue oval. That sounds like a factory badass muscle car to me.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

"SVTKate" wrote

No offense Kate, but I didn't realize you were that old. Harley just celebrated it's hundredth anniversary just like Ford did. ;)

Reply to
66 6F HCS