New Muscle.....What impresses you

I tried a new 6 litre Corvette and was not impressed. The ride was rough and it had the 6 speed paddle shifting automatic. Possibly a stick would have been more to my liking.

I guess I'll be hanging onto my SVT Cobra for a while yet.

The new Shelby GT500 looks like a winner to me. More power than the Camaro and better looking.

The new Dodge Challenger is a real looker. Seems quite heavy though and I haven't tried the Hemi powered rides yet.

A real sleeper and stone UGLY car is the Pontiac GTO. It has the 6 litre LS2 'Vette engine in it and is quite a ride for a car that looks like it was made with granny in mind.

Opinions?

Reply to
redneckmutha

On 11 May 2006 17:51:19 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com puked:

I love my '00 Camaro SS. The only thing I would have done different is go for the six speed. The LS1 is an awesome engine...

lab~rat >:-)

Indeed! My bro has a late 90 transam LS1 6speed.. and it's a real hoot to drive. Makes blood rush to groin and hairs stand on back of neck.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

: > I love my '00 Camaro SS. The only thing I would have done different : > is go for the six speed. The LS1 is an awesome engine... : > -- : > lab~rat >:-) : > Do you want polite or do you want sincere? : >

: : Indeed! My bro has a late 90 transam LS1 6speed.. and it's a real hoot to : drive. Makes blood rush to groin and hairs stand on back of neck. : : -- : Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price : you pay..DEAL with it!

I have a young friend here that just took third in SuperChevy for the second or third year in a row with his LS1 Camaro...

Reply to
Kate

The Corvette is a sports car, not a pony car, if you prefer more of a granny ride, stick with your Mustang. ;) The Challenger will be a heavy car, if it comes out, but so will the Camaro, and the Mustang is not a lightweight anymore either. The non-SRT HEMI cars are not going to win a bunch of racing trophies, but they've got a healthy amount of torque for a street car. The GTO is a KILLER package. Sleeper looks for those of us who prefer clean body lines and don't have a need for flash, and the power to put most others back in their place.

Thanks, Scott

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote: >

Reply to
Scott Moseman

Thanks for your input.... fookin' drive-bys!!!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

With all the glowing reviews this car has received I'm surprised you didn't care for it.

I can't wait to see the first [real] magazine shootout between these two!

Heavy, just like the original. The new Hemis are strong runners.

I would love a 6-liter model a couple years used -- 400 HP for around

20 grand -- sweet!

What else impresses me? New GT Mustangs '03-'04 Mach 1s Magnum/Charger/300 SRTs or with the standard hemi WRXs, especially the wagon version Lancer EVOs Mini Cooper S I'd also like to test one of the new VW GTIs

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

I like Patrick's list. I'll add the Viper, the 260 hp 2900 lb Pontiac Solstice GXP (supposed $25,000 list price), the Honda S2000, the 330 hp

3300 lb BMW Z4 M, and the upcoming V8 BMW M3.

Of course the Ferraris, the Lamborghinis, and Mercedes are putting out insane levels of horsepower, at equally insane prices.

I'm with Patrick on the used GTO scenario. Also the 450 hp '03-'04 SVT Cobras are going for less than $30,000 these days. But those GTO's will probably fall below $20,000 before too long.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

And I like your additions.

If I was to play in this group, I'd opt for a Porsche (but NOT a Cheyenne).

Yep, they just need to stay unpopular with most enthusiasts that way no one will demand a premium.

The good thing with Cobras is that many owners buy them, pamper them, keep the miles down and then when the next lastest and greatest comes along a few years later they let them go. If you play hardball with these owners you can get a nice car in good shape at a reasonable price.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L