new mustang

so what does everyone think of the 05 mustang. nice lookig pony.

Reply to
mac

snipped-for-privacy@hoffman.army.mil (mac) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Now that I've seen a lot of them in person, I like everything (including the interior) except the rear bumper. It's a bit too "fat". I also think Ford could've come up with a better looking wheel for the GT.

Joe

I checked yesterday morning... The local dealer has a black GT sitting right in the showroom. I guess putting my name on their "hot sheet" didn't mean much. They never called.

It's a good thing they never called me. I love the black, but I swore I'd never have another black car. Damn, that thing looked good.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Dwight....

as far as never hearing from the dealer: I've been logging into fordvehicles.com since February trying to get the latest info......have signed-up for "latest updates" a dozen times........requested brochures

3 times........nothing.

our local dealer (Donley Ford in Ashland OH) finally got some in 3 weeks ago (really weird ones like GTs with the cheap interior, 6s with Interior Accent/leather, etc)......all of them marked "Local Market Value Adjustment +$1000.00.

don't know if they're actually getting over sticker.....but they can stuff them where the sun don't shine before I pay sticker....or buy something without an incentive.

maybe they want to keep their 'stangs parked next to all their TBirds they can't unload.

Reply to
yahoo oldrbuttwizer

It's not unbiased, but . . . .

John

You guys!! The new 'Stang is hot. Meaning it's sucker-bait and the dealers are exploiting this.

Y'all take a breath and watch the groovy commercials and come back when the dealers are treating the cars like cars and not like rock stars. You'll save a lot of money ;-)

Reply to
Dana H. Myers

"dwight" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

You know what they say - once you go black you can never go back...

Joe

Did she say "groovy"???

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Yep, I understand that era dialect perfectly.

Reply to
John

Well put Dana. Fortunately I store my stang for the winter otherwise I would have done something silly like buy one on impulse. I had every intention of buying it next year. This would give them time to 'cool down' and get away from selling over/at sticker price, which is crap IMO. After talking sensibly with the wife, I realized that mine is still in near perfect condition, paid for, causing me no problems and still pretty hot looking (the stang, not the wife, many, many more years of payment on her ), I decided not to get the new Mustang but being that I'm 19 trapped in the body of a 34 yr old, the kid in me feels the need to 'play'. I'm planning on doing major mods and for the past couple days been researching. The word "Holy Crap" comes to mind. Lot of things to research and it can be very over-whelming. Pumping this amount of serious cash into a car isn't something I'm jumping into head first. The biggest thing will be a supercharger along with gears, exhaust, shifter, stabilizers, and whatever else is required to meet the specs of those. I may look at a different body kit, depending on what my performance parts come too, which is my main goal; performance not looks :-)

Quick question off the cuff; while researching the superchargers, I've noticed that stock 01 GT engines can handle up to 450HP. I'm still unsure at this point exactly how high I'm going but is there much involved (and $$$) to mod the engine to go beyond this limit should I want more HP/bigger charger?

TIA

Jeff

01 GT FIPK ...more this spring :-)
Reply to
Jeff

Heh. Who's the "she" you're talking about? And what era are we discussing?

;-)

(Hint:

)

Reply to
Dana H. Myers

Sometimes I say "hecka", too.

;-)

Reply to
Dana H. Myers

Beleive it or not that really was a typo. But YOU said "groovy" :p And that link didn't work for me.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]