New Mustang Owner

Hello all......................

The wife picked up an '03 Mustang yesterday. (our first). I was looking for a site to look up Ford's VIN number breakdown and can't seem to find anything that doesn't want tocharge me. I have Googled and can't find a list. Anyont know of one?

Thank you in advance,

Gary B

Reply to
Gary

Hope you're still checking for replies ;)

Here's one ... I tested with my '97 vin without a charge.

There are links to Acrobat PDF's at the bottom of the page that seem fairly complete.

2003 Paint codes and Production numbers:
If you can find a 2003 service manual (or a web site with that info), you can decode the other info on the data tag (aka "Vehicle Certification (VC) Label Reference")..... Paint, brake, interior trim, sound system, axle ratio, transmission, etc. - not all will be on the tag

Here are some codes from a 2001 service manual....I don't know if the are the same as 2003. (The paint codes didn't match up)

The brake type codes are: l 2 ? Four-wheel disc with anti-lock brake system (SRS) l 3 ? Traction control l 5 ? Four-wheel disc with anti-lock brake system (ABS) and traction control The transmission codes are: l U ? Four-speed automatic, (4R70W) l 5 ? Five-speed manual (T5OD) l 6 ? Five-speed manual (Warner T45OD)

The axle ratios are: l X5 ? 3.27 conventional l Z5 ? 3.27 conventional l VM ? 2.73 locker l LE ? 3.27 locke l ME ? 3.27 locker l SE ? 3.27 locker The radio type codes are: l K ? M100, AM/FM stereo with compact disc (CD) player l R ? DM100, AM/FM stereo with cassette and compact disc (CD) player l M ? CDX6+, AM/FM stereo with 6-disc compact disc (CD) changer

The interior trim codes are listed below. The first letter/number is for the interior fabric. The second letter is for the interior color. l 9 ? Rhodes Cloth (individual) l T ? Leather/Vinyl (individual) l U ? Shadow/Twill Cloth (individual) l X ? Leather/Vinyl (sport) l D ? Leather/Leather (sport)

The interior trim colors are: l H ? Medium Parchment l W ? Midnight Black l 2 ? Medium Graphite l Z ? Oxford White

Reply to
Dinsdale