New mustangs - the clear headlight covers

Are those things removeable or are they integral to the lamps? I think they would look a lot better with the covers gone, like the old Mustangs. Just wondering, thanks...Frenchy

Reply to
frenchy

The "covers" are part and parcel of the headlight po... getting rid of the old "sealed beam" headlamps has improved night vision immensely with little impact (in most cases) for oncoming drivers.

The "aero" design of the headlight pod also plays into a very small improvement in the CAFE (corporate average fuel efficiency) standard. Having worked on the '69ish Mustangs when they were much. much newer, I will vouch that this is a very nice "retro" edition....

Reply to
Jim Warman

I think they would look better without the straight bit of plastic too... it looks like a bad add on to keep the lights clean.

Not like I HAVE one or anything, but ....

KJK

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

if other makes/models are any clue, can look forward to the new 'Stang lenses getting chipped & hazed.

does anyone know if putting an adhesive clear mylar sheet on them - that could be replaced easily - would work.....if it would reduce effectiveness of lights.......or maybe, if someone makes them to fit???

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

Reply to
cprice

So.. does this mean that cprice is the same as hurtass that always trolled here?

Reply to
Chuck