New Shelby GT 500 - 2008 Model

Picked one up last month (I think I am the luckiest guy in Newark, DE). What an awesome ride!!. It is so smooth compared to my previous ride - 2000 Mustang GT. I don't know where a mustang enthusiast can go from here. Will be satisfied for years to come. Hope I can live that long!.

50+ Ford guy, John
Reply to
John Verdi

they sell for 79K ?

Reply to
Mas Plak

How much did you pay over sticker?

Reply to
Michael Johnson

You know... You could be my new best friend.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Congratulations!

They are surprisingly smooth and understated for 500 Horsepower aren't they? :-)))

Still waiting on mine :-(

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Congrats on the ride, sweet car for sure.

I hope you got a decent deal on it. In my neck of the woods, the best price I've been able to negotiate is $2k *over* sticker. Dealer says it's as low as he'll go, and this car is a 2007! I'll wait and see if it's still sitting there in the middle of winter and check back again. Pretty soon he'll need a place to show the '08, right? :)

-- John C. '03 Cobra (improved)

Reply to
John C.

Maybe he'll let you go fill it with gas while he changes your solenoid. :D

Reply to
WindsorFox

Boy If that is a non demo with less than say 25 miles on it, I would jump all over it for 2K over invoice. You are not likely to see anything better for a new one from a dealer for the entire run of the 2007/2008 Shelby GT500's. I know one person who paid invoice for their GT500, from my dealer, everyone else I know who is driving one around paid at least $12,000 over MSRP, many over $20,000 over MSRP. I am waiting to place my order for my dealers last 2008 order, he only got two 2007's and two 2008's the first 2008 was delivered in August. I've had money down and been waiting for this order slot for over a year.

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody
5K over list is what I paid. At $48K, it's still the biggest bang for your buck for a factory car! It is so understated. I can hardly contain myself when I see kids climbing all over themselves from the back seat of SUV's, Jeeps, and sedans to get an unobstructed shot of this beast on their camera cell phones.

Not wanting to waste any gas with those Japanese ricers, I get harassed at every stoplight. Who are they kidding!

Hoping for the long continuation of this Ford legacy.

Long live the ultimate muscle car!

Scarlet GT 500 Owner, John

Reply to
John Verdi

I saw one this afternoon taking off on a country road, the exhaust note was sweet sounding and had a real growl. I'm guessing it was an 07 because it was Tungsten Grey w/blue stripes. Congrats!

Reply to
GILL

I paid M.S.R.P. for the first 2007 Shelby GT500 at my local dealership.

Davïd Greenville, NC

Reply to
Ðavïd

Been away for a while.

I paid 5K over sticker. Never thought I would do that, but she is so sweet! Have about 2200 miles on her. The only thing that I miss a bit, is the growl. My 2000 GT had a very resonant, low-pitched, guttoral VVVVVRRRRRROOOOOOMMMMMHHHHHAAAA!!!! But if I step on the gas with GT500, I need to be fully up against the headrest or else I get a bit of whiplash. The supercharger has a very distinctive high-pitched whine - a lot like a g--- I know . No I won't say it. Pure ecstasy!

J.

2008 Shelby GT500 SVT Cobra Red w/ white stripes

Reply to
John Verdi