New Vette C6; 500hp 427cu in?

Is this for real? Is that going to be the stock Vette package??

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

No, that's the specs for the new Z06. The regular C6 is a 6.0L w/400 bhp.

Reply to
WraithCobra

I really gotta look at the new vettes!

Oskar

Reply to
pheonix1t

pheonix1t wrote in news:dohId.18071$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:

And the best thing is that it'll actually be a real car that you can buy at a dealership. Not like the pipe dream stuff we've been hearing about from Ford.

Joe

Joe wrote:

I wouldn't own a Vette if it was free, can't stand the looks. If you want one, get one. And don't worry, the Cobra will be made and it will cost less than the base C6 with more performance and near equal handling.

Reply to
WraithCobra

"WraithCobra" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Mike, I have a feeling you're in the minority as far as the Corvette is concerned, but everybody's entitled to their opinion. As for the next Cobra, right now it's unfortunately nothing but heresay.

Joe

I don't see a stock Cobra match a stock vette's numbers. I'm not a huge car history buff but when has ford produced a Cobra that had 100hp more than the GT?

Please don't mention the Cobra R which would be Ford's ridiculously priced answer to the Z06.

WraithCobra wrote:

Reply to
Hucklebuck

Reply to
Michael Seeley

Oskar,

The car is a beast, with a capital B,E,A,S, and T! High 11's at 125+ mph in the quarter, right off the showroom floor. For the money, it's the best American performance car EVER, period. It is THE King of the Hill.

How GM will ever top this Z06 is beyond me... I just can't imagine its sucessor...

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 20:55:42 -0500, "WraithCobra" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Rather bold statement, even if it was free? No way Chevy is ever going to let a Cobra come even close to a Vette in any performance measure. It is their flagship car and has been for quite a while now.

I like my Mustang and enjoy it thoroughly, but I love my Vette. Two completely different cars with different purposes.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Advertised hp (underrated in most cases) for 03 & 04 = 390HP. GT's were

260HP, no? More than 100hp greater.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

I thought that a few times... but damn these HP numbers these days are just skyrocketing. Truly amazing what automakers are doing.. especially w/ the strict emissions requirements. I am nothing short of extremely impressed with both Ford & Chevy.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

They are very bEEootimus. Nicest body design they have come out with in eons.

Reply to
SVTKate

Exactly why I *can't* look at the new vettes... I hate being poor :<

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

I'm with you, Corvettes have never appealed to me. The new one is better but still has weird lines and an old man's interior. Of course its designed for old men.. as thats pretty much all that can afford them (you rarely see a young man driving a new Corvette). I have always liked Mustangs better and the new one is fantastic.. WAY better than a Corvette IMO.

If I was given a Corvette, I'd sell it to some old codger and buy a Mustang.

LJH

95GT (331 stroker)

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

Reply to
Hucklebuck

"Larry Hepinstall" wrote in news:6buId.13286$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Weird lines? Old man's interior? Larry, are you in the first stages of alzheimers?

Sounds like you're past the first stage..

Using this logic, who's the Ford GT designed for? Older men?

I'll agree with you there.

Everybody's got an opinion, but the Corvette and Mustang are obviously in two different worlds. There's no comparison to be made.

And you'd watch that old codger smoke you in any conceivable competition.

Joe

One exception is this reaaaaaally snobby & arrogant little s*****ad 16 or 17 year old with a really rich dad who bought him 2 Corvettes... both late-model.. both very fast. =(.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

I keep hearing this new Z06 engine is a small block despite it being a 427. I've always been curious and not quite clear on what exactly defines a small vs big block motor. Is it the physical external dimensions or such? With the Z06 being a 427 I'm assuming displacement is not the criteria. How would the bore, stroke, deck height, package size, etc compare to say Fords old 427? It was called a big block, correct?

Reply to
DriveSpy

LOL, Corvettes are not the end all in performance either. For the same money you could EASILLY smoke the sacred Corvette. But thats not my thing.. to be the fastest on the street. Its impossible to do anyway.. theres always someone faster. As long as its fast, handles, is FUN, and pleases me, I'm happy. I would never be happy in a Corvette.

If you are, that's great.. it sure will be a hit at the AARP meetings.

LJH

95GT

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall