New Vette C6; 500hp 427cu in?

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

"Larry Hepinstall" wrote in news:svxId.13870$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Of course. But you were comparing a Corvette and a Mustang. Given the criteria, there's no contest.

Sure. But that's a completely different topic.

That's ok - everyone's got their preferences. But there's no denying that a Corvette is simply in a league above the Mustang. And that's not to slight the Mustang in any way.

Aw, c'mon Larry, that's troll stuff. All you're doing is showing your closed-mindedness.

Joe

While I absolutely love the Corvette... I'd take a Mustang over it. I like the Mustang looks, price, and name better. Sure I'll get my ass handed to him (again) by dang near every Corvette... but that isn't gonna make me like my car any less =). But yes.. Corvettes are VERY fine cars.. and *I* think they are in a league above Mustangs... in price too! But again, that's a benefit for Mustangs.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

wrote in news:FvJId.18748$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:

And there's the criteria that everyone should use. I'm simply saying that because you like one car over another, it doesn't mean the other car is a piece of crap.

Exactly. The cars are targeted to different audiences in both price and performance.

I don't know that it's a benefit, as I don't think Mustangs compete with Corvettes for sales off the showroom floor.

Joe

I NEVER said the Corvette was a piece of crap. I personally don't like it and never have. I would not want to be seen owning one. That does not mean I think its a piece of crap.

LJH

95GT (Corvette disliker, not hater)

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 17:41:43 GMT, "Larry Hepinstall" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Why wouldn't you want to be seen in one? Do Corvettes make you look funny or something?

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 08:46:29 GMT, wrote something wonderfully witty:

So the infamous car genie walks up to you and goes "Poof" there is a brand new fully equipped C6 sitting there in your driveway, you aren't going to keep it? What about any Italian Exotic? Same issue? Mustang or death?

I really can understand the picking of one over the other for numerous reasons, including price, but my Vette is one car, and my Mustang (actually now my daughters) is another. There is very little to compare between the two cars on any level.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

If I was given a C6 there's no way in hell I'd give it up.. but I haven't been GIVEN a C6 Vette have I? Like I said, price has to do with it as well.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

erm.. get my ass handed to ME by HIM rather. Ah well.. too late now.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

Sorry, Larry. Allow me to clarify. You said it had "weird lines" and an "old man's interior" or something to that effect. You then followed it up with a comment about Corvette owners and the AARP.

Maybe you didn't literally call it a piece of crap, but you certainly categorized it as something it's not.

"Larry Hepinstall" wrote in news:rlRId.74197$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

impossible

showing

Reply to
Joe

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 20:13:06 GMT, wrote something wonderfully witty:

Then you would in fact own one if given it, or perhaps won it?

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Oh hell yes I would. I never said I wouldn't OWN one... one of the main reasons I would pick a Mustang over a Corvette is the price. Sure, less power.. less handling... but the fun factor is still way up there. Less on insurance too. But if I was given one or won one... of course I'd keep it. Let me state again.. I *love* Corvettes. I love the way they look, handle, and perform overall. They are a fantastic bang for buck in my eyes.. but I love my Mustang more.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:56:51 GMT, wrote something wonderfully witty:

Sorry I thought you had said that you would never own one. Perhaps you only meant that you would never be in the position to won one. I once thought that myself, but managed to get a really good deal on a used Competition Yellow `95 C-4, which of course isn't half the car the new C-6 is, but the yee-haa factor is still very high.

However, the same thing can be said about my premium packaged V-6 drop-top Mustang (now driven by my youngest daughter). The yee-haa factor of even that car is very high.

My Corvette was my daily driver for a number of years until I noticed the wear & tear that she was going through. I bought the Mustang to be my commuter. When my daughter got her license she called dibs on it and I got a sweet little S-10 so I could tot my Harley to events that I could no longer handle riding to (age catches up with some of us). Then my oldest daughter steals it when she went back to college earlier this month (needed it to move) then calls her Mother and says she is keeping it so I get "permission" to again buy whatever I want. What I want is a new GT, what the dealers want is to rape me. What to do, what to do. Right now I am driving the oldest one's beater of a `98 Olds Achevia.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

"If I was given a Corvette, I'd sell it to some old codger and buy a Mustang.

LJH

95GT (331 stroker)

I NEVER said the Corvette was a piece of crap. I personally don't like it and never have. I would not want to be seen owning one. That does not mean I think its a piece of crap.

LJH

95GT (Corvette disliker, not hater) "

I guess you confused me & Larry.. I never said I wouldn't own one if I won one =)

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

IMO

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

BTW, I am amazed at the offense taken because I dont LIKE Corvettes. There are some megabuck exotics I dont like either (and some Mustangs too). Is that some kind of an affront to the automotive gods? I have examined the new Corvette in person and close up. IMO it has some some weird lines from some angles and the interior is way too conservative. It is also a car that mostly older people can afford to buy and insure.. IMO it is not a youthfull car. This is my OPINION and I am entitled to it. Not everyone likes the same things and thats why we have different choices. If you dont like that I dont like a Corvette, thats fine. That wont make me like it.

LJH

95GT

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

You're amazed that 1 or 2 ppl find it odd that you don't like the Corvette? Wow...

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

Larry, no problem. Go easier on the caffeine. ;)

My only point is that those who dislike certain cars tend to categorize them as something they're not, as I thought you did with the AARP stuff. No offense was taken at all. Categorizing Corvettes as "old guy cars" (or whatever) simply displays a degree of closedmindedness IMO.

"Larry Hepinstall" wrote in news:YfdJd.21113$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Reply to
Joe

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:54:16 GMT, "Larry Hepinstall" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Of course it isn't a youthful car. They don't make fart-can pipes for it.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On 25 Jan 2005 00:36:09 GMT, Joe wrote something wonderfully witty:

And Bingo was his nameo. All sorts of people drive Corvettes, to include one or two extremely hot women in my area. Now if you are 12 they are all that hot, but if your north of 30, hot damn.

Reply to
ZombyWoof