Newer Model Mustang Conv. Questions

I'm finally getting ready to replace my third car.

Whatever I buy will actually end up being my daily driver, and I will utilize my sedan for trips.

I am seriously considering getting a slightly used Mustang Convertible.

The Mustang is at the top of a very short list of cars. I currently have a T-Top 300Z (91). I need a of a rear seat now so I am going to replace.

I really like the looks of the Mustang. Here's some of my questions.

  1. I had a Ford Thunderbird with the 4.6L engine. It had a torque convertor problem, and I discovered - at the time it was a common problem. Is this still an issue. (only interested in GT - Mach 1 - SVT - Cobra are more car than I want).

  1. How does the vehicle hold up rattle wise.

  2. Are there any common issues with engine/transmission.

  1. Anyone with children - is the rear seat usable for car seats (forward facing) - I'll test this out myself when I test drive, but thought I'd ask anyway.

  2. Any issues you would have wanted to let you know about before you bought.
Reply to
wrestleantares

Yes, for forward facing. :) No, for rear facing. :(

Also, be> 4. Anyone with children - is the rear seat usable for car seats

Reply to
Walt