Newsgroup Trouble

Hi..

I'm new to newsgroups. Started using them like one year ago..

(I'm new to Mustangs also got mine just before Christmas)

I have a "problem" with this Newsgroup. It's quite possible everything is as it should be.

I can only see messages newer than three days old .The oldest message in my browser is from 20. juli 2003.

I was in here every day last week, and I have the same problem all the time.

This does not happened to the other groups I subscribe to.

Are things as they should be..?

Best regards

Reply to
Aimo

Thank you Kate!

I have Outlook Express too, hope we don't get in trouble now!

I did what you suggested and only 173 messages were downloaded. That was the same number I had before. Rather strange I think. But now I will see tomorrow if they stay this time or if old ones disappear like before.

The only sure thing about computers is:

-- Real stupidity beats Artificial intelligence every time.! --

-- Aimo '66 Vintage Burgundy Coupe , V8-289, C4.

---------------------------------------------------------------- I live in my own little world...but it's ok...they know me here...

"SVTKate" skrev i melding news:lGaTa.90$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
Aimo

Could be your provider. When you host a news server, you can choose to keep messages only for a certain time. Usually, this will be set to a month or two (otherwise the messages accumulate and fill up your server's hard disk). In some cases when the news server is limited they will keep only a few days worth of messages...

Call your provider and complain, they might change the setting if you are convincing...or change provider.

Most likely not your fault but the provider's crappy news service.

2 cents worth.

Serge

Reply to
Serge

First, triple sapcing between paragraphs makes your message difficult to read. Second, the problem is not with your news reader OE but with your news provider. Small providers usually don't peer with the premium upstream news services but get their news from other, less expensive news services. I would suggest that you subscribe to a premium service such as Newscene, Altopia, Meganetnews to name a few

Reply to
Fred Brown

ROFLMAO! I resemble that remark!

Kate

| > Here's what I suggest Remove your news-server information completely. | > restart your computer, then reenter the newsserver info. Something in | mine | > in the saved groups was corrupt and that was what fixed it. | >

| > Don't flame me guys, I LIKE Outlook Express. | >

| > I don't like any of the other readers I have seen suggested so far, and I | > have tried them, ok! | > The software isn't perfect, but then, neither is anyone or anything else. | >

| > Kate | > 98 Cobra Drop Top | > With a personal touch... or two! | >

SVTKate

i guess peter has trouble too

Reply to
Bob Sacamano

Triple spacing is gone!

Reply to
Matt

Yup, I looks like it..

One down more to go..

I'll call my proider and ask them if they are responsible for the other things. Now I syncronice all the messages so I donn't loose any more until I get an ide of what's going on.

Thank you for your reply...!

Reply to
Aimo

Thank you everybody...! I will contact my provider to see what their policy are.

From now on I will synchronize the messages so that I don't loose anything.

I'm now officially addicted to this page! :o) The level of knowledge here are great and there seem to be a lot of nice people..

See you all later down the information highway... Thanks again..!

Reply to
Aimo

Whatever you did fixed it.

Reply to
Fred Brown

I'll let you inn on the secret. If I paste text directly from MS Word and into the newsgroup reply.... I get triple line shifts............. (IIRC I wrote that I like to write there to get rid of some spelling errors.)

Now I just write this directly in the reply, and use the spellchecker there.. Its not that good but. What I had to do was to install the English dictionary. Simple..?

Another workaround that actually work is to write the text in Word, Paste it to Notepad and then copy it from there to the news program Simple..??

F**k I hate Bill Gates

Reply to
Aimo

Tripples again... NOW What's wrong...?? I say this again F**K I Hate Bill F**king Gates OK No more shifts Not one...Christ...

Reply to
Aimo

Click on "Tools" then "Options" then "Maintence". What is it set to, to delete old messages? More than likely it is set to 3 days. Just bump it up to whatever you like, then click on "Apply" then "OK". Hope this helps!

Gary

Reply to
GEB