No Blinker's/Hazards (what gives)

Helping a buddy out here. '69 Sportsroof, old blinker module, no blinky; new blinker module, no blinky. Where do I start looking?

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Check the connections at each directional lamp. Sometimes, an oxidizing layer builds up on the copper contacts, preventing the bulbs from working. Also, check the bulbs.

Reply to
doc

Check the switch for the hazards. if it's stuck 'in between' both hazards and turn signals won't work. Least that's been the cause when I've had that problem with old fords. Simple making sure the hazard switch was firmly in the 'off' posistion made things normal again.

Other than that, check the fuse.

Reply to
Brent P

Resevoir leak. Fill it up with fresh blinker fluid and see where the leak is and use a little J*B Weld to fix it.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

"doc" wrote

All of them stopped working at the same time? Doubtful, but I'll check. Thanks though.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

"WindsorFox[SS]" wrote

Damn, I KNEW I shoulda switched to Castrol Syntec blinker fluid with stop leak!!!

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Most likely the turn signal switch. Pretty common at this age.StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Does that effect the hazards too though?

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Well to be more precise the hazard switch but they are all one part if it needs replacing.

The hazard switch uses the turn signal switch as its distribution point for both the left and right sides. The fault may lie in the hazard switch as it is a double acting switch that disconnects the turn signal power feed circuit when it is operated. It may be stuck as someone else mentioned, worn or dirty.

Disassembly and a good contact cleaning may help but they are still known to go bad. Check at the column connector for a white with red stripe wire, if there is power there then the hazard flasher has power thus the power will go up to the hazard switch. If it doesn't come back out the green orange (left) and orange blue (right) when on then the problem is in the switch or attendant wiring. Likewise the solid blue wire is the power feed for the turn signals, depending on where the switch is set you should see the power coming out of either one of the aforementioned left or right wires. Again the common link is the hazard switch. The power is fed through that normally closed contact before getting to the turn signal switches. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet