No long Jeep and Mustang guy :-(

I have always thought the perfect vehicle combination was a Jeep (Lifted with big tires) and a Mustang 'vert. Well I recently bought my 99 'vert and I all ready had a 91 Cherokee with a 3.5" lift and 31" tires. Came out this morning, and what's not there? My freaking Cherokee! So now, it's just the Mustang. :-(

Carl

Reply to
Carl

DAMN! And that lasted how long, a few days! I'd be so pissed.

Any real chance of recovering it? I would think so, given its description. Good luck!

Reply to
Wound Up

Only a few days.. at least it wasn't the Mustang, since I just bought it. The Cherokee is the SECOND car I've had stolen here in a short time period. The last one was my 1993 Dodge Dynasty.. they found it stripped. This was just before Thanksgiving. I'm sure the same will happen with my Cherokee. :-(

Carl

Reply to
Carl

sorry to hear about that

Reply to
J. Sprauer

Unbelievable!!! Two in two months. Truly sorry to hear that. I think theft crime spikes during the holidays. Hope you can replace it reasonably.

Spike? He would know. Seems to make sense.

Reply to
Wound Up

Boy, you must live in one tough neighborhood!

Reply to
Richard

They found my Jeep, it was involved in a high speed pursuit. The driver crashed it into a telephone pole, totaling the car. All three suspects were injurted an apprehended. The tow company charged me $300 for impound fees and to take the truck to the junkyard. What a freaking ripoff.

How do I go about sueing these jerks for the loss of my vehicle, and all the expenses that go with it?

Carl

Reply to
Carl

"Carl" wrote

Not sure how it works, but Grand Theft Auto, evading, resisting arrest, reckless driving, etc, etc, etc (they could go on for a mile) are some pretty hefty charges, and I would assume restitution will be part of the deal. You HAVE to contact the DA!! HOPEFULLY you'll end up talking to the judge and/or jury when it all comes around too.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Good luck. These dirtbags don't have any assets, so suing them would be pointless. If you don't have comprehensive insurance, that won't help. But the dirtbags could have a car insurance policy. In which case, it may cover any vehicle they may be driving. But there's probably a clause in there that says you're not covered during the comission of a crime.

Go to all their court hearings and make sure the judge and jury know how much hassle and heartbreak these dirtbags have caused. They'll probably walk anyway, though.

Go to their hospital room and spit on them.

Reply to
.boB

Sounds like you need to MOVE!

Reply to
351CJ

uh, where is here??

and I didn't take it, I have a Dynasty of my own :)

Reply to
markansas859

Sue each one in small claims for the max amount in youre state. They are jointly and severally responsible for the amounts. The judgment will be good for 7 years, and in some states I beleieve that can be renewed after that time.

Reply to
vince garcia

Sue 'em all you want....you aint gonna get any money unless they were teenagers and daddy has some.

That's why you need insurance to cover that.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Hey You... I posted in the other group too but I just wonder WHY are they stealing these older cars? I mean who the hell would want to steal and strip a twelve year old Dynasty? And why hit your place twice?

Are you in a somewhat more vulnerable area?

You may have been better off if they had stolen and totaled the Mustang, it probably has full coverage on it.

So sorry this happened to you.

KJK

: >

: > DAMN! And that lasted how long, a few days! I'd be so pissed. : >

: > Any real chance of recovering it? I would think so, given its : > description. Good luck! : >

: >

: > -- : > Wound Up : > ThunderSnake #65 : >

: > AHPBBFM posting rules:

> AHPBBFM links page:

: > Big Block is an Attitude : >

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

ANOTHER guy with a 12 yo Dynasty

How many 12 yo Dynasties and Jeeps ARE there, ya think?

See above two replies

Just funnin' ....I'm also prone...

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Uhh.. have you SEEN a twelve year old Dynasty?

: : > And why hit your place twice? : : How many 12 yo Dynasties and Jeeps ARE there, ya think?

Uhhhhh Two ?????? Carl's, and the guy who is stealing the parts of Carls?

: >

: > Are you in a somewhat more vulnerable area? : >

: : See above two replies : : Just funnin' ....I'm also prone...

Hmm... BM in a 'prone position' Do we kiss it, kick it or bite it?

;¬D

KJK

: : : : -- : Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price : you pay..DEAL with it!

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Seen one! I know someone who OWNS one! "This car runs perfectly fine! {it doesnt}

My point. ;)

Whatever turns you on, lady! uhh.. except the kick one.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I think I would have definately told that driver to send that bill to the piece of dog crap on his way to jail and if he didn't like that ide, he can shove it.

Reply to
WindsorFox

DAMN! It's just ridiculous drama for you lately, huh?

Well, get started now with a decent lawyer, because once the legal system gets ahold of them, they may not have a dime left to their names (if they had one to begin with).

180out could speak to this very well, if he's listening.

Reply to
Wound Up

Actually, my Dynasty was in excellent condition. What's worse about my Dynasty getting stolen? That my tuition + book money went to impound fees? No. It was stolen on a Friday night. That Saturday, I had arranged to give the Dynasty to a low-income family that desperately needed a car. Pictures of my crashed Jeep and stripped Dynasty can be seen at:

There was a LOT of blood in the Jeep. Pay special attention to the steering wheel.. it is bent backwards. You can't see it in the picture, but all three guys smashed head first into the windshield.

What's the irony of it all? Friday night before my girl and I got back to my place, I was talking about possibly giving the Jeep to that low-income family, since I couldn't give them the Dynasty. (I still feel bad about that)

The Jeep was parked at the end of the parking lot because we got home late. I used the Jeep to hold a spot up close so I could keep and eye on the 'Stang, and when I moved the Jeep only a few spots at the end were left. Both cars would have been parked up close had we not gone anywhere. And where were we untill late, you ask? We were in another city buying gifts to donate to 'toys for tots' event.

Carl

Reply to
Carl