No long Jeep and Mustang guy :-(

The wierd thing is in both vehicles, the ignition doesn't appear to be damaged. These guys must have had a master key?

Carl

Reply to
Carl

One possible explanation -

A guy came into the parts store where I worked one day, distraught because he locked himself out of his car (think it was a Buick), with it running, with a/c blasting, at rush hour. He asked if we had slim jims. The owner produced a coffee can with about 1000 keys in it.

"Start trying GM door keys, you'll find one".

Incredulous, he went out, and within 10 minutes, he had the door open.

Many keys d> The wierd thing is in both vehicles, the ignition doesn't appear to be

Reply to
Obie f.k.a. Wound Up

That's sad man. I think my Tempo is going to be donated when replaced, so SOMEONE will use it, rather than dying in a crusher. I'll get more out of the tax deduction anyway.

Good Lord. Well, now they're in some jail infirmary, facing years in prison.

You sound like a very virtuous man, Carl, I just think you need a new zip code!

Reply to
Obie f.k.a. Wound Up

Bronco and 5.0s myself. I lost one of each in the last two years. My 5.0 vert had 35,000 miles.

After a while, you just say WTF and move on... That's a sad commentary, but what can you do when the judicial system takes property crime that seriously...

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks

If you didn't have comprehensive on it, good luck. You can certainly file suit against the individuals who are responsible for the damage, but odds are the civil judgement you get will be worth about as much as the paper it will be printed on. You'll still have to execute the judgement, to seize any assests they may have (ha,ha) to satisfy it. The police dept, of course, has both insurance and money, but it's doubtful you'll get either a settlement from them or verdict that says they are liable. (The argument there is that a high-speed pursuit wasn't necessary, the counter is that then the car wouldn't have been recovered.)

Your local district attorney's office probably has a person called their "victim/witness coordinator" or "victim's rights advocate" or something like that. Call and talk to that person, see if the DA can either make resitution part of any plea deal the defendants take or recommend restituion to the judge as part of any sentence the court will impose. But even then, you're looking at a few dollars here and there for months and months.

Wabbitslayer

01 GT vert

Reply to
wabbitslayer

simple, Kate, its PARTS. a cars value goes up three times when its choppped.

many of the Dynasty parts fit Chrysler New Yorker, and 5th Avenue FWD cars for example, doors, interior trim, powertrain, wheels, seats, switches, guages, etc.

lots of Chrysler cars use the 3.3L engine

LOTS of Chrysler cars have the infamous tranny that pukes its guts, and limps home in second gear

an old Dynasty thats running....... can be a donor car for many other cars

yeah, I used to sell car insurance, thats why I came up with these conclusions on why someone would steal a old Dynasty

Reply to
markansas859

have not seen many 1993's

pics of my 1991 are here, though

not bad for $750 cash, and it runs at 70, with cruise and air on

markansas859

looks like they needed a motor and tranny, just like I figured.

my dynasty is missing the radio, someone stole it while the former owner had it

if you look carefully, the right front door window is not tinted, it was replaced after the radio was stolen

which is okay, since I never am in a car for more that 5 minutes at a time, and don't need a radio

Reply to
markansas859

Ok, so the parts are interchangable. That is the ONLY reason I could think of.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate