No spark from coil on '67 Mustang 289 V8

Having a little problem here. I can't get any spark at all from the coil. Replaced coil, solenoid switch, ignition switch, and voltage regulator. It has 12 volts on battery side & 12 volts on dist side of coil. What the heck am I overlooking! 8-)

-- Be seeing you,

Louie Gainesville, FL, USA SETI Stats: 1752WU/3.68yrs snipped-for-privacy@flies.hotmail.com eat the flies to email

Reply to
Louie

inoperative breakers or ignition module.

c8oe

Reply to
W3tac8oe

Thanks for the quick reply, c8oe. "Breakers" meaning points? Sorry, I'm so obtuse, but this is my 1st 'Stang project. And is "ignition module" the condenser inside the dist? BTW, any good URL's so I can research? Google has a million of them, but I'd appreciate any pointers. Thanks again.

-- Be seeing you,

Louie Gainesville, FL, USA SETI Stats: 1752WU/3.68yrs snipped-for-privacy@flies.hotmail.com eat the flies to email

Reply to
Louie
** Having a little problem here. I can't get any spark at all from the coil. ** Replaced coil, solenoid switch, ignition switch, and voltage regulator. It ** has 12 volts on battery side & 12 volts on dist side of coil. What the heck ** am I overlooking! 8-)

I once had the same problem on an old '69 Toyota; turned out to be a defective condensor that had shorted out.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

Are the points breaking? The capacitor could be shorting out. If you're not using a points/condenser system and are using some sort of electronic module, the problem is probably there.

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Thanks, guys. Will replace points and condenser tomorrow. Will post update after.