Noisy clutch on 2K GT

Hi,

My GT has 110K on it with original tranny. Recently, when I press the clutch pedal all the way down, a screetchy high pitch sound is heard and goes away when the gears are engaged again. Aside from the noise, the car drives as well as before. Anything I should check ???

Thanks Mark,

2000 GT 'vert
Reply to
Mark G7#9

Throw out bearing.

Reply to
columbotrek

If the noise goes away when you let out the clutch, I would say it's a throw out bearing

If the noise goes away when a gear is engaged, but the clutch is still out, then I have no idea. Probably an internal bearing or dog ring. Which would require a rebuild.

-------- .boB

2006 FXDI hot rod 2008 Mustang Coupe 2007 Ram 2500 CTD/Auto/4x4 1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.
Reply to
.boB

Thanks guys. This bearing is hard to change ? I have just common tools in my garage and a set of ramps.

Reply to
Mark G7#9

You have to remove the transmission. Depending on milage it might be worth replacing the clutch while in there.

Reply to
Brent

I just replaced my Ranger's clutch, pressure plate and throw out. Lifted it up on my chest, wouldn't advise this. Find a good mechanic.

Reply to
GILL