odometer repairs..

I asked here a while back about odometer gears.. thanks for the help.. On a '96 mustang.. it was a quick easy job.. I was on a lay over in Richmond Va. and got my gears while there at this place.. a real brick and mortar speedometer shop..

Cleaned out all silicon grease and replaced both gears as the grease had damaged them both.. Speedometer shop said use no lube as that was what degraded the original ones.. Getting the headlight switch knob off was hardest part of job.. took

30 minutes total to do the job..

Side note.. I drove to parts supply to get plastic polish for the face/ cover of the speedometer.. with the speedometer NOT installed.. This was a 20 mile drive.. Apparently the charging system is inop when the cluster isn't installed.. as I had a dead battery upon leaving the parts house.. I temporarily plugged in the cluster, jumped the car off for the drive home.. Finished putting things back together.. then checked out the battery, charging system.. all was well.. go figure..

Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid. If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow. John Wayne 1907-1979

Chuck (in SC)

Reply to
Chuck (in SC)