OEM wheels VS reproduction

Any major difference in wheels other than price between OEM wheels, and other reproduction wheels? I'm in the market for Cobra R Wheels, but some of the prices are way too high for originals, and was thinking of getting some that are reproduction. Any suggestion where to get a decent price? Also if I go with 17x9 wheels with 255 tires, will that interfere with my pipes? I see alot of mustangs that dump the exaust right at the mufler, and take off their pipes, and that looks nasty.

Reply to
Turbo1010

Try AFS Wheels for a good price on reproduction. They have an excellent reputation for both quality and price. As for fit, you should get in there with a ruler and measure exactly how much clearance you have, and then order exactly what will fit. Use the wheels tires you have, and measure how much clearance you have around them. Then you'll know just how much bigger/wider you can go.

Reply to
.boB

Hey there,

I have AFS '03 Cobra wheels on my '99 Cobra. Wheels are 17 X 9 all the way around - running 274/40's on all four.

Check them out - good reputation

Page

Reply to
Page Nicholson