OH, PLEASE, PLEASE Tell Me It Isn't True!!

I'm officially in mourning, and will be for several days, maybe weeks. The motor that could have been one of Ford's all-time greatest now sounds like it'll never make it past the drawing board.

Read on... but first make sure you have plenty of hankies ready.

Reply to
NoOption5L

Yeah, a fad that has existed since WAYYYYYYYYYYY before I was conceived.

Steve

72 Skylar Custom455 (large engine, BTW)

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

I believe about 10% of the "new material" that BON spews onto the internet... but this could go either way. I can see them cancelling this project, but why another V6? Don't we have enough?

JS

Reply to
JS

You betcha. Ford sucks.

Reply to
CobraJet

Because Ford gets slammed in every review for a new car like the 500 for having shitty V6.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1107578004.361069.70020 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Program"

working

development

Patrick, you never listen to me... ;)

Joe

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 04:42:28 -0500, "MadDAWG" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Well hell they could have dropped a damn I4 in it. It does need a better power selection.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Well, the appetite, Ford, is for power and it's been with us for almost 20 FRIGGING years now! So, since Ford doesn't seem to be able to develop v6 engines with anything like the Japanese power band, I'd say, "Ford, get ready to loose more market share because you are trading-away your ONE advantage."

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

20? Try since the advent of automoblies.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
NoOption5L

The fad thing is a line of bullshit. Ford sells enough stroker pushrods to know where the action is. Did you know you can buy new FE's from them?

Read between the lines, Plebe. Something else is to blame.

Reply to
CobraJet

No, for those who followed cars since the early 1970s, there was a clear sea-change in the early 1980s away from v8s (as an example) engines with 130hp to more powerful cars. The technology finally allowed it. Turbos, etc, started appearing more and more. One day around 1986, there was the Buick GN, Mustang, Corvette, Firebird, Camaro, and even "normal" cars were starting to sport more hp per cu in. The public shifted away from the "K-Car" era to the power era. Also, size started increasing. The Buick Roadmaster appeared. I never though I'd see this kind of thing again.

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

The shift to smaller powerplants was one forced by the OPEC scam of the 70's. Then you had the brainless twits like Iacocca who envisioned Americans motoring about like happy little campers with their fuel efficient transportation much like the Europeans. The move back to horsepower was forced by piss-poor sales from the OEM's not realizing that we are not Europeans. Personally, I blame fast food for the urge to race off a stoplight, but I digress.

And if any of you think Lee Iacocca was a nifty guy, keep in mind that the reason Fords started getting "shock towers" back in the 60's was because he was bent on introducing front wheel drive as the be-all end-all to the American car. Thankfully, the muscle car craze derailed his ass until he gained power at Chrysler.

Reply to
CobraJet

My Two Cents: Prob. the same people that est. the choice of the interior upgrade in the new 05's. They don't have a clue.

Reply to
willy