Oil question

Okay, so what synthetic oil is the best for a 5.0 or 351? Mine is due for a change. And filter? Thanks!

Brad

Reply to
Brad

Low mileage... Mobil 1 fully synthetic 5W30. High mileage... Mobil 1 fully synthetic 10W30.

Regardless of what oil you pick (synth or dino oil)... always be extremely easy on the car when it's warming up. As I read once before from somebody here.. which is a good point... not only the motor is cold. Your rear differential is cold, transmission is cold, etc. Everything needs to warm up. Treat your car right & it'll last.

Just my .02 cents...

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Flaking off.... now that part almost starts sounding scary...

Reply to
Jim Warman

It is scary when you see amber colored flakes of.... crap you don't know WTF it is start showing up on the dip stick.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Parrafin/wax, is a contaminant commonly found in dead dinosaur oils. It is not a desirable thing to have in an oil and offers no benefits to an engine. If you look at a bottle of Pennzoil or Quaker State you may notice that it no longer says, "Pennsylvania based crude oil".

Pennzoil and Quaker State merged not long ago. I wonder if they will eventually have the company name, "Penn-State", or, "Quake-Zoil"? ;-)

To respond via e-mail, simply take the, "REMOVEXX" out of my return e-mail address.

Reply to
SnThetcOil

But was the oil changed at 3K intervals ? How about driving habits ? Lots of shorts trips ?

Rein

All depends on where you live too. Colder climates should use 5w30, hotter should use 10W30.

Rein