Old Mustang

We are fixing up a 1965 Mustang Fastback. It has a paint code of "K" which is a "silver smoke grey". I can't recall ever seeing any with this color. I was wondering how to find out how many 1965 Mustangs and especially how many Fastbacks were painted this color? Do we have a rare color code. I don't think the color was even offered in 1966. Maybe it is butt ugly!! Any ideas out there? Thanks Bill

Reply to
Bill

I don't know where to get production figures for a specific model year color except by ordering a marti report. Here's a page showing 1965 colors though:

Elwood Blues

If you are doing a 65 resto, I would probably suggest a Marti report. :)

This will tell you how many cars like yours were made based on the original ford production data. All sorts of goodies come out in the report.

Reply to
cprice

You can't get a Marti report for '65. The data only goes back to '67. Believe me; I wish it WAS available because I'd like more proof on my "1 of

1" '66 Dearborn High Country Special.
Reply to
66 6F HCS

Yep, I went to the Marti site and the years START at 1967. So anybody have any clues about how to find the 65 productions numbers? Does Ford keep this stuff available? Bill

Reply to
Bill

Silver Smoke Grey is a rare color as far as I know, and, it is gorgeous.

-------------- Laurie S. Thunder Snake #7

Reply to
Laurie S.

Nope

Nope

Did you get your color from the paintcode on your bucktag? Make sure you don't have a blank code, then you'd have something even more rare if it's a special order paint.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Hey Bill, I found this, maybe it will help

have a pictue I took of one that MIGHT be that color at a car show last year, though I believe it's a different year.it would give you the idea anyway.http://www.kizthiz.com/silver.jpg I loved the color on the car, thought it was drop dead gorgeous!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Thanks for all the responses everybody. Here is a picture a friend found of one that is the same color:

kinda like it!! My wife thinks we should repaint ours with the black and gold stripes! It looks like a Hertz Shelby clone now.Bill

Reply to
Bill

Yep, from the tag. It is:

Body: 63A 2+2 Fastback, Standard Interior Color: K Silver Smoke Grey Trim: 26 Black Crinkle Vinyl, Standard Interior Date: 09Q March 09, 1965 DSO: 71 Los Angeles Axle: 1 3.00:1, Conventional Trans: 6 C4 Automatic

It's an A code engine. We plan on having fun fixing and driving it, mostly driving!!

Reply to
Bill

Sure looks pretty! Thanks for sharing the photo! You'll have to let us know what you decide to do with it

: > I loved the color on the car, thought it was drop dead gorgeous! : >

: > Kate : >

: >

: >

: >

: :

Reply to
SVTKate

"Bill" wrote ?My wife thinks we should repaint ours with the black and

Nah. Paint it back to original. It's prettier. Now if the original color was Medium Lime Gold Metallic like mine was in the '69, that'd be a WHOLE different story. Click the URL in my sig to see what it is NOW.

Reply to
66 6F HCS