Old Over New

Check this out! What a neat project!

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1194491851.961937.217060 @o38g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Sounds familiar.

Joe

Bob Julian used to be a regular in this NG.

had a blue '65-'66 fastback that was featured in Mustang & Fords.Then he and his brother put that Cobra drivetrain in a '65-'66 fbchassis. More recently I think he was trying to get 10 buyers tocommit to a series run of similar SN65 style cars. Don't you miss the good old days of this NG, c. 1998-2002?

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

They were good, but not as good as the classic '96 and '97 years. ;-)

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Yeah, especially Steve and Michaels music. :oP

Reply to
WindsorFox

Hmmmm you don't prefer the days of Anthony and CJ going at it?

Are there even usenet spammers anymore?

Steve

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

I prefered the days of the White Tornado.

Spammers, yes. Trolls, no.

How's it going, Steve?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Hey Patrick,

It's going pretty well. We're finally getting to take a vacation again

- next week we take off for Italy. The Buick runs although it's far from finished (still). I still need to install the inner valve springs after the cam break-in. I fire it up once in a while and the other day I drove it out of the driveway and took it around the end of the cul de sac. It doesn't actually have seats bolted in but I wanted to actually move it instead of just run it. It breaks the tire loose easily, which is part of the many things need done. It's a 2.56 open and needs a lot more. I'm hoping after the beginning of the year that I'll have everything on its way to being strip-ready. We'll see.

How 'bout you? Are you staying in FL?

It's strange, but you just don't see the trolls like you did in the old usenet days. They don't last on the phpbb's etc... You can't even have fun with them.

Steve

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Plenty, like that cigarette spammer who boasts about spamming Google and says anyone can make money that way. He needs to be beaten with a broom stick and left to rot in a Turkish prison along with telemarketers. Ooo, sorry; did that sound bitter?

Reply to
WindsorFox

A Guy Named Steve wrote: It's a 2.56 open and needs a lot more. I'm hoping after the

I will expect to see this updated on Youtube :oP

Reply to
WindsorFox

Definitely as there becomes something to update. The image idling is still basically current. I did a little more on the tuning since then and got a kit and recurved my Comp 9000 breakerless distributor - but that's really it.

My position is being analyzed and updated. If there's a salary increase, it would be retro to Jan of 2006. So there may be a little slush fund coming my way to make a big leap instead of small steps.

Steve

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Sounds like fun!

Mine is still chugging away. Now registering 125K. Paint still looks good, body is straight, rust free and zero doors dings. I replaced the headlight lenses and re-stripped the sunroof. On the agenda: I need a new heater core (fun!) and my computer is acting up, again (I think). Mustang Guy can get me a used A9L for $125.

Our Accord was replaced with an Element.

For now. In another year or so, who knows. Depends on the job market.

USENET just doesn't get the traffic anymore. We're now in a dusty corner that no ones notices.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

We sure hope so. I had to wait until last year for my first European vacation. Luckily we only had to wait another year and a half for this one. I hope we don't have to wait that long for the next big vacation!

Have you been in contact with the guy who bought NoOp? I missed out on a nice 92 notch for $2800. I'm still sort of kicking myself for that. It was around 90K miles and was pretty nice looking. But I'm sure it sold within minutes of being posted to Craigslist. For that price, I'd use it for a daily driver and get rid of my crappy Ranger.

Meredith's Civic was replaced with a 2006 Solara. But I don't think she'll have that too long. She's just getting used to a car payment for the first time. I'm still enjoying not having one! But my truck is falling apart.

Are you in, or working your way into the private sector these days?

It's almost amazing how many people are still active in RAMFM.

Steve

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

No. He sold it and I don't know who owns it now. I've haven't seen it now for seven years or so.

Get one while you still can. They're starting to get rare.

I hate new car payments. I just keep doing preventative maintenance and replacing worn trim items. I'd like to get at least another 100K out of the Cobra.

Still serving. I'd like to get one more trip to the desert before I hang up my boots.

How many do think we have posting?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

I'm not in a hurry, but they're such a good all-around car. The problem is that so many are trashed. This one didn't appear that it had been in kids hands from the photo. Part of me wants to get an SUV like the new V6 RAV4. But the realistic side of me realizes that I drive 7000 miles/year and it would spend 48 hours/week in a park n ride lot anyhow. That's where something like a decent Mustang would fit in. But it would have to be a 5spd notch, and be in the 75K-100K range. Oh yeah - and be cheap!

I haven't had one for the last 7 or 8 months and it's been nice! I was making extra large payments to get rid of it. I like the idea of putting several hundred dollars/paycheck into savings for a change. That makes it hard to pony up a payment again.

We had an examiner just get back from Baghdad. He left the county and became their lab director. He went before their courts (same ones who Sadaam was in front of) and presented how fingerprints are used in criminal trials in the rest of the (world). Another examiner is on a leave and should be heading back in the next few weeks. She'll be back some time around June. They've been working for General Harding, I guess.

Overall I don't know, but I've seen 5 or 6 names that I've recognized in looking at just a few threads.

Steve

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

According to Google, about a hundred active at the moment.

July of '99 was the busiest month on record, with over 12,000 articles posted. It's been going downhill ever since. :)

It's telling that Bill S. is *still* the #2 (and #10) all-time poster. I don't need to tell you who is numero uno.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

A Guy Named Steve wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Time for a roll call, eh? ;)

Glad to hear things are going well, Steve.

FWIW, I went to the SFIAS

this past weekend and was totally disappointed. Most makers had limited showings, and there were virtually no new concepts. The closest thing to "cool" was Chevy's Transformers Camaro, and it was only a mock-up. Ford had three Mustangs, a V6 fastback and 2 GTs - a convertible and a fastback. Stuff that you see on the street every day. Alas, not even a GT500 was there.

I guess the big thing this year was the "green" vehicle (i.e., hybrid, flex-fuel, etc.), but the prices are simply absurd. Chevy did have a cut-away mock-up of the Volt, which was mildly interesting.

Interestingly, the vehicles that held my attention the longest were the MiniCoopers. The Cooper-S with the John Cooper Works performance package was outstanding.

All in all, I came away wanting to just redo my LX. So now it's time to do some heavy research. Unibody needs a good straightening out, and just about everything needs freshening up. I don't want another car payment either, but I have to do something within the next year or so.

Reply to
Joe

AGE/SEX CHECK!!!

:()

Reply to
dwight

Probably best to find a 4-cylinder car you can convert to V8 power. Because it seems all the V8 cars have been abused or "modified" beyond repair. And the few that aren't, their owners don't won't to sell. :-)

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

moment.http://groups.google.com/group/rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang/about

I have to lose this dubious distinction. And I know just how to do it.

Future thread titles:

Ford's New Philadelphia Eagle Special Edition Mustang Should I Buy Philadelphia Eagle Season Tickets Or Speed Parts For My Mustang? Philadelphia Eagles Who Own Mustangs Personalized License Plates For Philadelphia Eagle Fans Drove My Mustang to a Philadelphia Eagle Game I repainted my Mustang Philadelphia Eagle Green! Ford Should Name One Of Their New Cars The Eagle Can't Decide What I Love More: Eagles or Mustangs

Yea, that should close the gap...

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L