On valve covers,what does M / T mean ? / Latest Pics

Jim Warman

Hmmm... thought he might be remembered for land speed records (Bonneville) or maybe drag racing or maybe stock car racing or maybe Baja racing, or maybe SCCA or maybe boat racing or maybe Indy 500 or maybe gas shocks or maybe wide oval tires or maybe for holding more records than you can shake a stick at or maybe for being killed in some bizarre shooting. Google Mickey Thompson and be prepared for a ride - gone for over 16 years, Mickey still casts a pretty big shadow.

What next... "Who is Smokey????"

Reply to
Jim Warman

Mickey cut a large swath thru life. Some people took exception.

My best buddy for the last 25 years, was a fabricator for Mickey Thompson, many years ago. It was during the time that Mickey was racing in Baja. Some of his stories are great!

Mickey could not drive a car at 90% or even 100%. He always drove 110%.

He said, "If I am going to break, its going to be in the lead"

Used to drive the crew nuts. They kept making the car stronger and heavier, trying to keep Mickey from breaking it. They never could get ahead of him.

Erich

Reply to
Kathy and Erich Coiner

I guy that made valve covers! Actually you should research his name, he was a famous racer & manufactuer of just about everything speed. He was murdered and his murderer has never been caught!

Reply to
winze

Probably before my time,I'm only a young'un,and i dont think it got any coverage in England. I've only started getting into this kind of thing recently,i think most of you guys in this group have been at it for years,so i have a way to go yet ! Gotta start somewhere i guess

Andrew

Reply to
me

yeah they did that too !

Andrew

Reply to
me

No, according to my UAG "yee haw" does not fall into the mix.

Reply to
CobraJet

Don't worry about it; we're just giving you some newbie grief.

However, be aware that, as a young'un, your testicles will not fully descend until you own a pair of M/T valve covers. That's just the way it is.

Reply to
CobraJet

Wasn't he the spokesbear for the forestry service? As I understand it, he moonlighted with the Miracles until an unfortunate accident made him a "yunick".

Reply to
CobraJet

No, my UAG doesn't have "humble" in it anywhere, either.

Reply to
CobraJet

LOLOLOLOLOOLOL that's the kinda shit I miss when you're not around, CJ.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

Reply to
<memset

Hey Andrew, Where in England are you from? StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Cornwall originally,but moved to London in 89. Quite a difference out here i can tell ya !

Andrew

Reply to
me

Thanks, but I think that's between you and your mental health care professional of choice.

Reply to
CobraJet

"me" wrote

Titled "69 Mustang Fastback Semi-Restoration." Body stripped to bare metal, interior completely gutted: I think you need to delete the "semi."

Welcome to the group. Another great on-line resource for old Stangs is vintage-mustang.com

180 Out TS 28 (Now if you don't know what "TS" stands for, well . . . well, you're like just about everybody else.)
Reply to
180 Out

I know I know........ Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Well i can happily announce that they descended some time ago and are hanging quite nicely thank you very much :-)

Andrew

Reply to
me

;D

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

Reply to
<memset

Andrew,

Google is your friend MATE! To learn things on the internet one can do a few simple searches, in the privacy of their own home, and come up with the answers to the vast majority of obvious questions without publicly proclaiming their ignorance to the entire world, Mate.

351CJ

Either way it's gonna be a super nice car when it's done. Nice work.

///Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to