One touch down power windows for passenger side?

Anyone know of a source (instructions or kit) for adding the one-touch down function to the passenger side power windows? I'd like it to function like the driver side.

I have a '95 GT.

Thanks,

-mike

Reply to
Michael Rickabaugh

THAT'S a switch. I hate the way the driver's side works. If I want the damned thing down all the way, I can take care of it myself. 9 out of

10 times that I touch the button, I have to fight it to get it to stop somewhere in mid-travel.
Reply to
Ron Hammon

Try

and click on the "technical" link on theleft side of the page... or just click this....
Never actually tried it but I believe others have; You need to find a one touch module unless you wire the passenger window into the same circuit as the drivers side but could get annoying.

Reply to
The Wes'ter

I have the modules available in a kit. These are original Ford modules and are the same as currently controlling your drivers side window. Install is VERY simple w/ 5 wire hook-up with only 1 factory wire being cut.

Please feel free to contact me personally (remove "PETITION" from E-mail address above) or through our website below

Thanks,

TIM -aka- snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM

Musttanguy

Thanks.

I found Autoloc's WC1000 module from a websearch. That also supports one-touch up as well.

My plan is to install that in the driver side (so the driver has one-touch up/down), and then move the Ford module from the driver side to the passenger for one-down.

Thanks for the pointers.

-mike

Reply to
Michael Rickabaugh

I got the one Tim aka Musttanguy has, easy install, works great.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Switches on both sides will control the passenger side window.

TIM -aka- snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM

Musttanguy

Cool... I've been thinking of doing this for years, but never got around to it.

kinda makes you wonder why Ford didn't pop for the extra three bucks to do it from the factory !

Reply to
Chief Wiggum

Yeah, so ?

Dealer : Sticker on this car is 26,233.00.

Customer: Sorry that's a little out of my league... I was only prepared to spend 26,230.00

Reply to
Chief Wiggum

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:31:27 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Brent P) wrote something wonderfully witty:

Might be at the factory, but unless your time is worth absolutely nothing it is more then 3 bucks. Take it back to the dealer for install and it is a whole shitload more the $3.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

The point I was trying to make is that if ford can cut out a nickle of cost they will....

Reply to
Brent P

No doubt the dealer would charge a lot more (actually, I doubt that most dealers would even do it ) but I said at the FACTORY !

the last time I checked, the DEALER doesn't manufacture cars !

Reply to
Chief Wiggum

So why didn't they NOT put it in the driver's door ? Wouldn't THAT save a "nickle" ??

Reply to
Chief Wiggum

Why do I have to constantly explain basics like how a product ends up with this or that? For the same reason they don't make mustangs with 3 cylinder engines. Because marketing says so.

Reply to
Brent P

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 04:43:40 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Brent P) wrote something wonderfully witty:

I think most manufacturers are that way, all about bottom line. I've been racking my mind trying to think of any car that has auto-down on windows other then the drivers.

I also question why my 01 doesn't have auto-on headlights. All my GM vehicles do. Even my `94 Golf had em as well. They really are a handy thing.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:24:41 -0700, "Chief Wiggum" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Don't get your panties in a bunch. I missed the factory part. Poo-poo-caa-caa happens.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

*sigh* And I don't think a single more unit was sold because of a wide variety of things marketing wanted that I have had do in the products I've worked on.

If they deleted that one, then marketing would believe that people would buy something else because of it. Marketing isn't driven by logic or rational thought. Believe me, if the bean counters could get it deleted they would. If an engineering manager could delete it and get a cost savings bonus he would. But somewhere that minimum feature is required by marketing.

Not at all. It's costs vs. sales, like with any other aspect of the product. I simply made a very clear example to demonstrate the concept.

Being in product design, this is the sort of thing I deal with on a daily basis.

Reply to
Brent P

My '91 Thunderbird SC had 'em. They were pretty nice. The state inspector kinda looked at me funny though.

"Why the hell did you turn the headlights on?" "They just come on automatically." "Ok. When was the last time you saw me look at the headlights?" (obviously a state requirement) "Umm... never?" "Right." "By the way, the tires are bald. I'm goin to get new ones on it now and get it aligned. I just changed the tie rod end" "Why are your telling me this?" "Figured you might wanna know." "Why?" "Nevermind."

Man I miss that place. Same place that used to put a tag on my '88GT when I had no license plate lights (and no place to put 'em either... someone Bondo'd the holes up).

JS

Reply to
JS