Online auto parts

Is there an online Mustang parts store that stocks simple engine parts. Went to three local stores today and could not find an air cleaner filter or gas cap locking or not. These were big national chain stores. The car needs a spare tire and I have been told 11" rims are hard to find. The stores I went to could probably order these parts, but why not me instead. The only part I found that fit the car was a seat cover. I bought it!

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

I'm sorry, but WTF kind of Mustang has 11" rims???

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Do those hideous mustang II's?

Reply to
My Names Nobody

' 71 Grande. Unfortunately, the only stock part of this car is the body. The tires are P235/60 R14 with 11" rims.

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

Wrong tire for those 11" rims

Reply to
RJ

Recommend something, please. Already have new front tires, but the rear tires are due for replacing. Is there any reason the rear tires could not be a different size?

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

Maybe he meant 11" WIDE....

*snikker*

Kate

Reply to
Kate

If the rims aren't stock, why keep them? They run pretty high in the EWWWWWWWWW factor.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

The only stock part of the car is the body, including those nutty seat belts/shoulder harness. The rims don't seem to be 11" wide either. As another reader pointed out, P235/60 does not compute.

Now I will go mess with the carb and see what happens. The carb is probably not stock bearing a Carter part number, but who knows. I know the Edelbrock intake manifold was added later along with the Mach1 drive train. Don't know if the toploader trans is stock for ' 71 Grande.

Thanks

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

"goodnigh" wrote in news:nk1Ag.8754$157.1939 @newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

R14 means 14" rim. Maybe you got a doughnut spare there.

Reply to
my name