Orange County Professional Auto has no honor...

Orange County Professional Auto, located in Mission Viejo, California, accepted a cash deposit on a vehicle they sold later that day to an Ebay buyer. On my way to bring my mechanic to have the car inspected they called me and said in spite of my deposit it was now sold to someone else. I would stay away from these people. They showed no honor.

Reply to
michael

Yeah, but apparently they are great businessmen. A guy putzing around and bringing his mechanic and another guy wit cash on the barrel head buying sight unseen, hmm where are my priorities as a businessman?

Reply to
Zombywoof

Kinda F'd up of him to sell it out from under you but money talks and a business doesn't survive without it. Did he at least offer to sell it to you for what the other guy bid?

Reply to
Mark C.

He's a used car salesman! The only people with less integrity are lawyers and politicians.

Reply to
.boB

I dunno. I think you'd be hard pressed to reliably put those 3 groups in any particular order. They all play on people's ignorance and gullibility. At least the blood sucking lawyer has the saving grace (if you can call it that) of requiring an education to practice their trade whereas any old fool can hang up a sales/politician shingle.

Reply to
Ritz

California,

I have found that, as in the case of local 'auto-trader' sheets.. allowing dealers on has ruined both the price/availability of good deals, and confidence that you wont get screwed.

IMO, the worst car buys are from those dealers that advertise on e-bay. Tried twice, no value for money, either time.

Have bought from private seallers twice, on ebay and also twice, from private sellers on auto-trader. with good results, in all four deals.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

By the way...I have ALSO sold cars on Auto-trader rags.. but I did my homework and priced them several hundred dollars below what others asked in the same PUB.

Then I told callers that they could come and see and drive the car, but that the price was firm. The only negotiation is "I'll Buy it, or I'll look some more"

Would tell them same thing when they showed up.. guess what happened!

They INEVITABLY try to haggle! Had one kid show up and start in right away... I said not interested. Next guy came in and was very interested but asked "how much you want, cash?" I just stared... but he bought it and drove it away anyway. Then the first guy shows up again and gets all indignant that I sold it. In the space of 2 hours.

Sold my SVO for price I COULD have gotten, with patience, for just the spare parts I had to go with the deal... same thing. Kid bought the car and restored it fairly easily, but kept wondering if I'd found the spares that I couldnt locate immediately.

Backyard Mechanic wrote:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

sort of makes me wonder what somebody should do if they need to sue a used car dealer...

Wabbitslayer

01 GT vert
Reply to
wabbitslayer

United Landsharks Union of America; line three....

Reply to
WindsorFox

Dont worry! They eat their young and sell their mothers!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

What part of a CASH deposit doesn't equal money talking?

Winning an eBay auction is still quite a ways from cash on the barrel head....

Reply to
351CJ

The part that says I'll be back with my mechanic later and if I don't like what he tells me I want my money back part.

True dat, true dat. But usually it is a completed sale the majority of the time. All most e-bay auctions allow for the keeping of the deposit. Hell simply require a 1K non-refundable deposit and you can sell the same damn car on e-bay over & over if the deal falls through each time and still be making money.

Additionally, perhaps the guy on e-bay offered more.

Many aspects of the story aren't where they need to be.

Reply to
Zombywoof