OT: 5.0 Tbird idles high

My mothers 92 5.0 thunderbird has a wierd problem. Without htiting the gas, you can literally get up to 40 mph...i checked underneath the hood and i saw

3 computer ports that werent plugged into anything, 1 was close to the MAF sensor but not the MAF, and the other 2 were silver looking ports. I really dont think that would make the car do that but who knows...What other things could cause this/
Reply to
joe

Vacuum leaks, stuck throttle valve, bad IAC just to name a few. Not having everything hooked up isn't helping things. The best part about Fords are most of their conectors are keyed. So use the length of the harness to get you close and then match up the connectors.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

does it idle normally in park at operating temerature??? what rpm at idle in park?

Reply to
Mustang GT