OT: Brand associations

Patrick's last post got me to thinking. When you think of Ford, Chevy and Dodge which vehicles do you associate with the name brand. Right off the top of your head that is, lets say the top three or four that come to mind in each.

When I think Chevy/Pontiac, I think Vintage Camaro & Cougar and 4x4 pickemups. Oh yea, and the Vette.

When I think Ford/Lincoln it's Mustang, Explorer and F-250 diesel 4x4s and Town Car

When I think Dodge/Plymouth... I think Vintage Purple Cuda and .. uh ... uh.... well, that's the only one I ever liked except for the new Crossfire and I think Dodge pickups cause my brother is a Dodge Boy.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Uh.. Kate... You think of the FoMoCo Mercury Cougar when you think of Chevy/Pontiac?

Reply to
351CJ

Ford: Mustang, F-150/250 pickups, conversion vans

Chevy: Corvette, Duramax diesel pickups

Dodge: Ram pickups, Viper

Reply to
Mark Jones

For me the very first Ford I think of is the Mustang. I might also think of Explorer, since I own one of those too.

For Chevy I think of Corvette, and the classic 57.

For Dodge/Plymouth I think of the old Superbird. I might also think of the Viper pretty quickly too.

I love my car, but will always have a special affection for the 60s and

70s muscle cars. In my opinion, more than any other time, those cars had individual identities and personalities. With their wild colors and radical combos of engine and trannies, that was a great time. Wish I couldn't been old enough to be involved with it. This last paragraph is a bit OT, but I just felt like sharing it.

Randy

90 GT

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

Reply to
Randy Pavatte

I'll add a group, American motors. The Rambler Scrambler, 390ci with a Hurst package. Sum bitch would haul ass.

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Ford--Mustang, Crown Vic cop car, Taurus, F150

Chevy--Vette, Camero, 409 Impala, 57 Chevy Bel Air

Mercury--Cougar. Turmpike Ctuiser

Dodge--Super Bee, original R/T, Challenger, Ram pickup, SRT4 Neon, Magnum

Reply to
Dave Combs

"SVTKate" wrote

Chevy Cougar?

Reply to
66 6F HCS

brain fart.. sorry... I had a 69 Camaro RS at the same time that a good buddy of mine had a COugar and they just seemed to pop into my head all at once... ggeeezzzeee..... blondestar here I come.

| > When I think Chevy/Pontiac, I think Vintage Camaro & Cougar and 4x4 | > pickemups. Oh yea, and the Vette. | | | Uh.. Kate... You think of the FoMoCo Mercury Cougar when you think of | Chevy/Pontiac? | | | >

| > When I think Ford/Lincoln it's Mustang, Explorer and F-250 diesel 4x4s and | > Town Car | >

| > When I think Dodge/Plymouth... I think Vintage Purple Cuda and .. uh ... | > uh.... well, that's the only one I ever liked except for the new Crossfire | > and I think Dodge pickups cause my brother is a Dodge Boy. | >

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

::delurks, even though she rarely has anything contructive to say in here::

Ford: Mustang and Granada (i'm a loser, i wanted my mom's old V8 monster) Chevy: '57 Bel Aire and the Corvette Dodge: Chargers and the Ram 1500 (a friend of mine is currently fixing his '96 truck up)

patricia

00 Infrared Focus
Reply to
Snowy Rose

Don't worry your not the only Granada fan, well actually I like the Monarch a little better. I had a 77 Monarch with a built up 357w and I deflated more than a few Camaro egos. :)

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Good for you. ^_^ I only wish I had that chance. Hmmm... someday I'll have my big ol' American Muscle hot rod....

I used to egg my new beetle driving ex about how I would smoke his little red put-put in it one of these days.. then it got junked sadly...

patricia

Reply to
Snowy Rose

My exact list!

Iggy add your 2 cents.

Reply to
Just Me "Koi"

It's interesting that the majority of responses associate brands with cars that aren't made anymore.

So what about the current crop? What's the first car (that's currently being sold) that pops into your head when a marque is mentioned? Obviously, Ford = Mustang. But what about Chevy, Mercury, Cadillac, Porsche, MB, BMW, etc?

Joe

Ford: Mustang - F-2Fitty Chevy: --- umm---Vette I guess. Had to search for it though Didn't GM make that ugly assed SUV too, the one with the huge square back on it?

Mercury: nuthin Lincoln: again, nuthin Dodge: Crossfire & RAM trucks

BMW *sigh* an M series convertible.. just any one would do....

Reply to
SVTKate

you're picking on me!

Reply to
SVTKate

Yes the Avalanche, half plastic, bottom half down, one of the all time ugliest vehicles ever made. They also offer the god awful ugly H-2 (Hummer) body mounted on the GM truck frame too... GM really likes ugly bodies...

Reply to
351CJ

Actually, I believe the moniker "All Time Ugliest Vehicle" goes to the Pontiac Ass-tek.

And cheesy interiors.

Have to agree with Kate on this.....

Reply to
Iggy