OT But Interesting -- GM Cars

See anything you like?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Check out the SS Corvette. Six speed manual and 700+ horsepower. Sure....

Al

Reply to
Big Al

"Big Al" wrote in news:4753948b$0$502$ snipped-for-privacy@news.qwest.net:

@a39g2000pre.googlegroups.com.

Real nice numbers, but the front end looks like crap. OTOH, the Chevelle looks decent.

Reply to
Joe

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@a39g2000pre.googlegroups.com:

Nope. The Volt and the Aveo look like they were squeezed out of a toothpaste tube, and all of them have some variation of that ugly ass front end.

Reply to
elaich

I like the Vette. But to me it looks like just a mild evolution of the current car, which is far from a bad thing, but it isn't likely to wow the crowds on its public debut.

As for the rest:

Chevelle -- Nice! But the dimensions say Camaro. Beat -- For what it is, it looks really good. Aveo -- Looks a lot better than the original XB, and looks 1,000 times better than the current XB. Cobalt -- Looks great. Except... might be the view, but seems to need a little more ass. Volt -- Volt or Prius. It's not a question... Volt all the way. Bel Air -- Pretty neat! Gotta lose the 22s though! And I'd have to see what the back end looks like before final judgement. Nomad -- They MUST build it!! Make it RWD with 6-speed manual and powered by a Vette motor. YUMMY! Malibu -- A nice looking, understated, full-size car. Caprice -- It's an identical twin to the Malibu so why build it? Impala -- Awesome! Build it.

Patrick

OTOH, the

Reply to
NoOption5L

They look too much like the current crop of Chrysler products. I thought they looked ok for about the first year but now I'm sick of the gangster look. And they need to get rid of the stupid windswept grin looking grill styling theme. Ditto for the Chevy bow tie. It's just outdated and tacky looking.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I don't know... I see it that at least they stand out from the Asian products. A mistake Lincoln made with their LKZ... LKM... LKX... or whatever they named that new Lincoln sedan. Please no more Accord/ Camry/Altima look-a-likes.

Love it or hate, but at least it ties the family together -- you know it's a Chevy. Much like Ford did in the 80's with their aero front ends.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

wrote

And Dodge with that crosshair grille theyve put on everything since the early 90's. Looks good on some models, others...not so much.

Scott W. '68 Ranchero 500 '69 Mustang Sportsroof

Reply to
Scott W.

On 4 Dec 2007 01:51:40 GMT, elaich wrote something wonderfully witty:

And anything can beat the Beat, hence its name.

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses