OT:Buying a F series truck

Hi sorry for the off topic post but would like some info on F series trucks. We are looking to buy one anywhere from a late 70s model to probably early

90s. What do we need to look out for? Most of these we have been looking at have had 200 000 kilometers on them (about 150Kmiles roughly?) Will this be a major problem if they havent been rebuilt.Mostly 351s installed.Anyone done a cummins diesal swap? This will be a work truck so it will get a bit of use. Also be on dual fuel.We get Australian built and US imports here. Differences between the f100 f150 etc are they major? Thanks! Stuart

1965 Mustang convertible RHD

1989 ASC Mclaren RHD 1962 Morris Mini "Cooperised"
Reply to
stuart henry

I've got an 89 F250. 7.5L gas engine manual transmission. The odo reads around 155k miles. It burns a quart of oil every 400 miles, and has done so for the past 10k miles. It'll pull a ton of stuff and pass anything on the road except a gas station. Ford's came equipped with a Navistar diesel engine 7.3L. If you get one with a factory turbo they put out good power. AVOID a non turbo diesel at anyprice. Snails will pass you on grades and they will lay down a smokescreen in the mountains that would make a destroyer green with envy.

Ford started Fuel injecting the engines in about 1988. That is a big plus. The engines get better mileage and start in any conditions.

Reply to
Kathy and Erich Coiner